|Human Resources Advisor|
Human Resources Advisor
Company : Town of Oromocto
Salary : $70,732–$88,416 a year
Location : New Brunswick
The Human Resources Advisor plays a key advisory role for the Town of Oromocto whose primary role is to drive and implement human resource initiatives, programs and policies in support of the operations and strategic priorities of The Town of Oromocto. The incumbent will be a visible and active member within the organization, fostering a positive work environment and nurturing the excitement for growth and change.
This role requires an HR Advisor that not only adapts, but who thrives in the complexities of a diverse workforce and an everchanging environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in the development, recommendation and administration of the Town’s human resources practices, policies and procedures and ensure compliance with related laws and regulations.
· Provide consistent advice and guidance to senior management and supervisory staff on the interpretation of HR policies, procedures, programs, collective bargaining agreements and application of related laws and regulations.
· Coordinate the Town’s performance management and annual evaluation process.
· Support the development and periodic reviews of job descriptions, onboarding and orientation programs, termination and exit programs, and employee contracts.
· Take the lead on recruitment, attraction and retention, and recognition programs in collaboration with the Leadership Team.
· Act as a key advisor and thought partner on employee relations matters by coaching managers, developing action plans, counseling employees, providing referrals, etc.
· Build effective working relationships with employees, providing counsel and guidance on a broad range of issues, particularly related to workplace culture and productivity.
· Become the main communication conduit within the organization related to long term
absences and Return to Work policies and administer the Town’s Return to Work Program.
· Foster the development of others, facilitate teamwork and cooperation, and aid in the constructive resolution of conflicts.
· Oversee maintenance of accurate and complete personnel records.
· Oversee utilization and continued implementation of HRMS module.
· Support CAO and management in CBA negotiations.
· Be an engaged and supportive member who interacts with employees and remains closely in touch with all Town activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Undergraduate degree with a focus in human resources, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Minimum of five years’ progressive experience in Human Resources.
· Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation, or working toward designation, considered an asset.
· Experience working in a unionized environment considered an asset.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Effective interpersonal skills and proven ability to exercise sound judgment, tact and discretion.
· Knowledge of current legislative and regulatory aspects of HR (human rights, employment standards, OH&S).
· Enthusiastic, self-directed and motivated individual with the ability to build relationships, effectively resolve conflict and work collaboratively with employees.
· Excellent consultative, influencing and coaching skills.
· Ability to coach employees and managers through difficult situations and support them through change while creating alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
· High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
· Excellent organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Your resume must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position. Please include any educational Degrees, Diplomas and/or Certificates that are relevant and required for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,732.00-$88,416.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oromocto, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Human resources: 5 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-03-10