New Job Heating Mechanic In Manitoba
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general supervision of the HVAC Maintenance and Construction Foreman, the Heating Mechanic installs, inspects, maintains, and repairs fuel fired equipment and related systems in facilities under the Division’s jurisdiction in accordance with standard trades practices, certification, applicable codes and manufacturers specifications.
As the Heating Mechanic you will:
- Install, inspect, maintain and repair HVAC and other mechanical equipment and systems to ensure they function in a safe, legal and efficient manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance on mechanical systems and equipment. Adjust, repair, replace, reprogram and modify equipment as required.
- Prioritize all work to ensure operational continuity in and beyond the immediate work section.
- Execute a preventative maintenance program that includes testing and analyzing component parts of HVAC and other mechanical systems, and predicting routine and emergency maintenance based on test results. Maintain an inventory of tools and equipment necessary to analyze and maintain mechanical systems.
- Assist in the design and modification of HVAC and other mechanical systems. Provides subject matter expertise on mechanical systems and communicates that knowledge to laypersons, professionals and peers.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency situations to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Know and understand all applicable safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records/reports using prevailing department software. Operate the workforce management system (Peoplesoft) and the Workorder management system (MAXIMO).
- Stay current and innovative through a program of personal development.
- Prepare and submit, as required, estimates for supplies, materials and labour.
- Maintain appropriate licenses.
- Work cooperatively with other branches, maintain effective working relationships with other agencies and departments.
- Perform other duties consistent with the position.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Journeyman Red Seal Gas Fitter, or Gas Fitter “A”, or Journeyman Red Seal Domestic Gas Fitter or Gas Fitter “B”.
- A valid 4th Class Power Engineer’s Certification would be an asset.
- Experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of fuel fired appliances and heating equipment, including the trouble shooting of electrical and control systems.
- Experience in reading and interpretation of drawings, specifications, diagrams, charts and tables.
- Experience in the use of hand tools, power tools and measuring instruments.
- Knowledge of building control system would be considered an asset.
- Knowledgeable in the interpretation and application of CSA B149-15 Gas Code.
- Knowledgeable in the regulations of applicable regulations to the position.
- Ability to update and record changes to drawings.
- Ability to perform combustion air analysis on equipment would be considered an asset.
- Ability to weld, solder, and braze would be considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with civic staff, contractors and suppliers including instruction and supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and have the ability to prioritize work while working on multiple tasks at a time.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook) at a basic level.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Winnipeg Police Service Level 2 Security Clearance and in-depth background check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate(s). This position may require a Level 3 security clearance from the Winnipeg Police Service.
- A Child Abuse Registry Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
- The successful candidate must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License. The successful candidate(s) will be required to provide a valid Driver’s in Force letter.
- Must possess a St. John’s Ambulance Emergency First Aid Certificate or equivalent or willingness and ability to obtain it within three (3) months of commencing in the position.
- Must have, or be able to acquire within the first year of employment, a thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and the safety precautions that are applicable to the positions’ area of work.
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the duties of the position, in all weather conditions. This includes, but may not be limited to climbing ladders and scaffolds, working at heights and working in confined spaces.
- Ability to work various shifts including evenings and weekends as required.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented