New Job Guest Services Representative In Alberta
|Guest Services Representative
Guest Services Representative
Company : City of Grande Prairie
Salary : $21.41 an hour
Location : Alberta
As a Guest Services Representative you will ensure the most positive experience for visitors of facilities within the Sports Development, Wellness and Culture department, further enhancing the brands of these facilities, which are highly accessible and valuable resources in the community. You are responsible for front line customer service including assisting patrons, answering calls, and taking program registration. You will assist others in the department with administrative tasks, marketing assistance, programming assistance, and helping with special events. You will also be required to monitor facility user groups, assist with equipment needs, meeting room and facility rentals. We are looking for candidates who would be available on week days during day time hours (between 9am-6pm).
As a guest services representative, you will deliver exceptional customer service to all customers including: tourists, user groups, contractors, staff, volunteers, City departments and other community organizations.
- Set up and tear down for rentals
- Assist with department special events and promotion of events
- Assist with general administrative tasks and research
- Processing payments and sales
- Assist with public safety and follow safe work practices
- Required to work independently with minimal to no supervision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- High school diploma
- One year administrative experience
- One year experience in customer service capacity
- Competency in Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated proficiency data entry & management
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Class 5 driver's license; some travel between work sites will be required
- Valid first aid certification
Casual position - call in basis. Hours will fluctuate depending on need.
Pay Band A, Entry Step - $21.41 per hour
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within 60 days of the closing date of this job posting.
1. Submit a cover letter and resume using the "Apply Now" tab on this web page.
2. Applications will be reviewed, and short-listed and interviews will be scheduled.
Note: Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this position.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies in this position.
- This posting may be used to fill more than one position.
- This posting will be open until a suitable candidate(s) is/are found.
Due to the high number of applications we receive per job posting, we cannot answer job-specific questions before the interview. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.