|Greenhouse Breeding Technician|
Greenhouse Breeding Technician
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a fulfilling work environment with a strong emphasis on the physical and psychological safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. We are always working to form the best team with an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion and through lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF Canada has been proudly recognized as one of Canada's & GTA’s Best 100 Employers in 2023 and for many years. We have also been recognized as Canada’s Safest Employer in Chemical Manufacturing for several consecutive years, in addition to receiving a Bronze medal for providing a Psychologically Safe workplace. Most recently, we were thrilled to be recognized as a Forbes 2022 Canada’s Best Employers for Diversity. We invite you to join our best team on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Greenhouse Breeding Technician ( 2300275 ) – Saskatoon - Highway Where the Chemistry Happens… This position is responsible for the coordination/management and execution of designated greenhouse breeding projects for the purpose of creating, increasing, and developing breeding lines and germplasm. The Technician is responsible for to coordinate and execute greenhouse projects meeting quality and quantity requirements with guidance from the Program Leader. Detailed observations/notes and the production of pure Breeder seed to transfer on to the Agronomy or Parent seed division is required for all projects to meet overall greenhouse objectives.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Coordinate/manage and execute greenhouse projects ensuring high quality standards and timelines are met with the goal of meeting overall breeding objectives through project management.
- Perform and coordinate seed logistics activities to ensure accurate movement, tracking, labeling and recordkeeping of seed within the programs and greenhouse ensuring accurate data collection. Assisting with seed storage, entry of data into seed inventory computers and tracking of seed within the greenhouse and movement to other departments.
- Liase and support breeding and lab functions to ensure completion of project as required quality standards and timelines and to ensure the integrity of breeding material across functions by assisting other employees with the details of the associated projects as activities (planting, harvesting and tissue sampling). Ensure all activities are carried out in support of health and safety guidelines, quality management, SOP’s and WI’s, breeding protocols and other internal and external regulations and practices as well as participation in the development and improvements of all the above processes as required.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor Degree in Biology, Agriculture, or related field
- Experience in plant care and working in greenhouse production an asset
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organization and record keeping skills
- Basic understanding of basic genetics, plant breeding and plant care Basic understanding with biotechnology, molecular biology and genomics.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. [email protected] is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you – the whole you – in all stages of your life and career. With [email protected], you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career. We also provide engaging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your role.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment BASF is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can be their authentic selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, place of origin, ethnic origin, colour, religion/creed, sex/pregnancy, marital status, family status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We seek to make our recruitment process accessible for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process, please contact [email protected] with the subject line “Recruitment Accommodation Request”.
Privacy Statement BASF takes security & data privacy very seriously. Will we never request personal or financial information of any kind via e-mail, private text message or direct message on any social media platform or job board. Furthermore, we will never offer a candidate a position and request a cheque for equipment or any other type of payment during the job application process. If you have experienced any of the above, please contact [email protected] to report fraud.