New Job Financial Advisor - 18 Month Term - Pembina At Blairdmore Branch In Manitoba
|Financial Advisor - 18 Month Term - Pembina at Blairdmore Branch|
Financial Advisor - 18 Month Term - Pembina at Blairdmore Branch
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Financial Advisor is primarily responsible for building and maintaining member relationships through advising on a full range of financial products, services and investment vehicles including mutual funds. The Financial Advisor champions the credit union’s advice and service oriented culture and builds member relationships that add value and contribute positively to the credit unions.
Key Success Areas:
- Proactively develop, nurture, retain and grow member relationships by identifying and ensuring their needs are met and that the relationship contributes positively to the credit union.
- Promoting and recommending a full range of credit union products and services: new memberships, consumer loans, lines of credits, credit cards, small business loans, mortgages, deposits and mutual fund investments.
- Explaining to all members the terms and conditions of any credit, deposit or investment product being presented and ensuring that they are consistent with the member’s needs and risk tolerance.
- Providing investment advice and/or referring qualified prospects to specialists within the credit union or partner organizations.
- Resolving member complaints and problems when possible, referring more complex problems to the appropriate person or department - ensuring seamless member service.
- Meeting personal business targets, playing a key role in the development of strategies to facilitate goal attainment.
- Tracking and reporting personal goals and results.
- Working directly with other members of the branch advice team to ensure smooth administration of documentation and flow of referrals from the service team.
- Interpreting and understanding operating procedures, lending policies and security requirements and ensuring that all guidelines are adhered to.
- Staying abreast of all functional processes and procedures in order to facilitate quality and seamless delivery of advice and service to members.
- Understands, respects, and supports ACU’s commitment to corporate social responsibilities, respectful workplace and diversity initiatives.
- Maintaining current and relevant knowledge of industry trends, competitor products and strategies.
- Employees are required to keep strictly confidential the affairs of anyone whose private information becomes available to them in the course of their duties.
Education and experience
The competencies for this position would typically be acquired through the achievement of a post-secondary degree in business or finance and an additional three to five years of experience advising on and providing financial products (consumer and small business loans, lines of credit, mortgages, deposit and investment products). CFP or PFP designation is an asset, however, not requirement for this role. Mutual Funds license is required.
Key Occupational Skills:
- Strong advice and service skills
- Decision making
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Credit skills
- Investments and mutual funds experience
- Basic accounting skills
- Excellent knowledge of Credit Union products and services
- Concrete knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures
WHO WE ARE?
As a Certified B Corporation® and one of Manitoba’s Top Employers (2022), the culture of Assiniboine Credit Union is supportive of the individual while focused on the greater community. You’ll be motivated by shared values and encouraged to always think about how, through financial sustainability, we can do more for our members, our employees and our community.
Choosing to work at Assiniboine Credit Union means that you’ll be working for an organization that…
- puts people, planet and prosperity first,
- values diversity and inclusion,
- is focused on social and environmental responsibility,
- supports employees through training programs and long-term career development,
- offers a competitive total compensation program which includes bonuses, a matched pension program, and health and dental benefits.
If doing things differently and doing more is part of who you are, join us on a rewarding journey where your personal aspirations and career goals can align.
To be considered for this position, please submit your application by Friday, February 24, 2023 at 4 pm CST.
We thank everyone who applies but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to workforce diversity and actively recruit people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives reflecting the community in which we live and work. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials and activities used throughout the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time