New Job Finance Manager In New Brunswick
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
The District of Carleton North’s Finance Manager will work within the finance department to assist in the maintenance of accounting records and other financial affairs of the district. The incumbent will be responsible for work related to asset management, financial analysis, assistance with annual budget preparation and other accounting functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the primary job duties and responsibilities of the Finance Manager. The following statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed but may not be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities required for the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Director of Finance as needed.
- Assistance with regular accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, infrastructure claims and reports, capital contribution accounting, payroll, bank reconciliation, tax rebate claims and other accounting functions as assigned.
- Assistance to the Director includes budgeting, preparation of working paper files, preparing financial reports and filling in for the Director in her absence.
- Assistance to the Director in any treasurer-related duties for the council.
- Assistance in covering reception duties when required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
The minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job are as follows:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or certificate in Accounting or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, with a preference for municipal finance experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
The following job certifications, diplomas or memberships are also required to perform the job:
- Valid, Class 5 New Brunswick Driver’s License.
- Criminal Record Check.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of municipal finance and experience operating TownSuite software considered an asset
- Proficiency in manual and computerized accounting techniques and systems, and office software applications.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills.
- Establish, maintain, and promote friendly, cooperative, and productive relationships with district staff, other government agencies, auditors, elected officials, and the general public.
- The ability to implement and evaluate information and technology systems for effectiveness and efficiency.
- The ability to resolve conflicts among staff, residents and other stakeholders.
- The ability to apply judgement to determine what issues need to be escalated.
- Ability to cope with multiple priorities and organize work to ensure timely, accurate completion of tasks necessary to fulfil team and district goals.
- Commitment to maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team
- In an office environment the work involved sitting for extended periods at a workstation and significant computer screen time, high attention to detail, frequent interruptions, and telephone/personal interactions with members of the public.
- Work involves meeting deadlines for billing, meetings, and budgets. Some meetings may occur after normal working hours.
- May encounter unpleasant members of the public.
Hours of Work
The incumbent is required to work Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (may include statutory holidays if deemed necessary by the Director of Finance).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Florenceville-Bristol, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-03-01