New Job Finance Clerk In Alberta
Company : Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Salary : $40.04 an hour
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1703
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Fixed Term Duration: Approximately ten (10) months
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 70 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Financial Services, Accounting Services
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL7
Rate*: $ 40.04
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 19/02/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
Under general supervision, the Finance Clerk will support the Disaster Recovery Project through performing a variety of accounting duties for the purposes of updating and maintaining financial records and report preparation.
Compile, organize, verify, and enter a variety of financial data from various sources.
- Maintain subsystem accounts and generate and edit reports for verification (i.e., month end reports, aging reports, statements, reconciliation’s, and postings to the general ledgers).
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly cash flow statements and forecasting which requires co-ordination with other municipal branches.
- Review and follow government guidelines when preparing reports for submission to provincial government agencies and when determining what items are included in the reports.
- Reconcile discrepancies in municipal bank accounts and escalating issues to supervision as required.
- Provide general clerical support for the department, and compile research data for projects as required.
- Prepare month end working papers and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Upload prepared multiple line journal entries.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Poor judgement or errors may result in a negative impact on financial reports, or corporate image.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrate a proficient understanding of accounting standards and knowledge.
- Math and numeracy skills in a computerized environment.
- Ability to communicate respectfully with co-workers and external contacts.
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion with client information and/or municipal documents and information.
- Ability to accurately and expeditiously enter data, proofread work, and identify data processing errors efficiently.
- Proven ability to work with minimum supervision, make decisions regarding priorities, and meet deadlines under own initiative.
- Positive attitude and desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Proficiency with various Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and SAP.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Diploma in Business Administration is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ accounting experience in a computerized accounting role is required.
- Public sector accounting experience is considered an asset.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, and complying with all policies, practices, and procedures. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.