|Executive Administrative Assistant|
Executive Administrative Assistant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $4,129–$5,371 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Environment is seeking two highly motivated, results oriented individuals to lead the administrative functions and assist with the financial and human resources for the Fish, Wildlife Branch in Prince Albert and the Lands Branch in Regina as Executive Administrative Assistants. If you are thorough, enjoy working effectively in a motivated and fast paced environment, then this position will be of interest to you.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director within each respective branch, and a member of the Branch Management Team, this position will:
- Manage the administrative functions of the branch including ensuring the coordination of branch documents is handled efficiently by administrative staff – i.e., requests for prior approval, briefing notes, referrals and casework, contracts and requests for payment etc. This includes coordination with Communication and Client Service Branch, Corporate Services Branch, and the Deputy Minister’s Office;
- Be responsible for monitoring the branch budget and work with the unit managers on their budgets and forecasting;
- Provide support to the branch in collaboration with the Human Resources Business Partner in regards to the HR Plan and know provide guidance to the branch management team with respect to branch staffing, issues resolution, and human resource matters;
- Provide advice to branch staff and management team regarding financial and contract policies and procedures;
- Provide confidential executive support to the Executive Director and branch management team;
- Be responsible to provide leadership and advice to other staff within the branch on government processes and standards; and,
- Be responsible to develop, implement and evaluate a variety of administrative and operational policies and procedures to help manage and organize the branch day-to-day operations and identify issues and implement solutions to achieve organizational efficiencies.
Our candidate of choice must have exceptional organization skills to oversee administrative staff by organizing and prioritizing tasks, directing workflow and adjusting workloads to ensure timely completion of documents and a smooth operation of the office and have the ability to identify and assist in the resolution of confidential and sensitive issues on a routine basis.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be obtained through formal education in human resources, administration or related field (degree or diploma) and experience in a senior administrative position. Experience in supervising staff will be an asset.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the above knowledge skills and experience.
The Ministry’s values system of: show respect and integrity; serving citizens; excellence and innovation; one team; and safety first; serve as the foundation to ensure results are achieved. The successful candidate must be a team player, able to both lead and collaborate, with a reputation for integrity and a focus on service excellence and innovation in their work.
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individual;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO) and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave);
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.