|Events & Children Field Trip Coordinator|
Events & Children Field Trip Coordinator
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $44,000–$50,000 a year
Location : New Brunswick
Go-Go Group Inc. is hiring a FULL-TIME Events & Children Field Trip Coordinator!
Go-Go Group Inc is proud to be among New Brunswick's largest private childcare providers. The company, which operates as Go-Go After School & Go-Go Preschool, Go-Go Events, and Go-Go Gymnastics, is an innovative childcare program initiative that focuses on quality programming, exploring the interests and passions of each child in our care and safety for all. We aim to provide ample experiences in science, entrepreneurship, arts & culture, leadership, and physical activity into each program. Our Go-Go childcare programs currently operate out of 17 locations across New Brunswick servicing 850+ children/day. We have a strong team; 130+ team members, that help us to create our dream of being the best childcare organization in our province. We are passionate about what we do; and committed to quality in all aspects.
About the position - The Events & Children Field Trip Coordinator provides executive level support in both a one-on-one and team based working relationship in the management and running of all internal and external Go-Go events, upholding the Go-Go brand standard. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, overseeing, implementing, participating in, and successfully delivering all in-house events, employee recognition, staff meetings and gatherings, liaising with community partners and organizations, maintaining positive relationships, and working together for fundraising initiatives with a diverse population. The Events & Children Field Trip Coordinator must actively accompany and be present in Go-Go field tips as the coordinator, with professional attention to detail ensuring program quality, engaging, and entertaining children with zest, while having maximum safety precautions in place. This role will involve day to day administrative duties, and other related tasks to support the President and Child Care Director. The position will also act as an assistant educator in our childcare programming as a relief staff, and step into leadership roles as replacements when needed.
This is a full-time, 8-hour shift position at 40 hours a week, 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, with the ability to work flexible hours on weekends and events periodically through the year, often on July 1 and NB day as the largest events of the year.
Salary: $44,000.00-$50,000.00 per year dependant on prior work experience including health and dental medical benefits, and starting with 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Excellent organizational skills & time management skills: Able to deliver tasks on time, capacity to juggle several requests at one time and prioritize work.
- Strong sense of responsibility: Ability to correct mistakes ASAP, ability to cooperate on tasks as needed, able to take direction, have a keen sense of follow-up and follow through.
- Superior communication skills both written & verbal: Able to listen carefully and respond accordingly, able to explain problems precisely and concisely.
- Multitasking: Capacity to track several requests at one time, ability to pick up where you left off when pulled away from routine responsibilities, ability to deliver messages, emails, forms, and information to the right people and keep team informed.
- Charismatic, likable personality while representing Go-Go to community stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills - capacity to work alone and as a team.
- Creative thinking, working around obstacles for large bookings, proposing solutions.
- Problem solving skills, experimental skills with positive attitude and energy.
- Participate in working to ensure the event is on-time and within budget.
- Enjoy working within a small and entrepreneurial environment that is results driven and community oriented.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant New Brunswick legislation and regulations.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a coordinator or team lead role.
- Previous event coordination/planning, fundraising and management, or childcare management experience.
- Proven track record in a similar position.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and for diverse population, such as donors, clients, vendors, suppliers, staff members, bus drivers, volunteers, and ethno-culturally diverse communities.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written; proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media Platforms.
- College or University degree in related field or equivalent is considered an asset.
- Workplace First Aid with CPR C and AED certification.
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector clearance.
- Social Development Check.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please reply to this ad with the following:
- Recent resume
- Cover letter or cover email – tell us about yourself and why you feel this position would be a good fit.
- Three professional, supervisory references from prior employers.
- Please reference the position you are applying for in your email title.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fredericton, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you currently reside in Fredericton, New Brunswick?
- children field trips in a day care environment: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location