New Job Engineering Business Strategist In Alberta
|Engineering Business Strategist|
Engineering Business Strategist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $86,967–$131,311 a year
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
The Engineering Business Strategist helps to plan and drive the objectives of the Calgary Transit (CT) Service Vehicles division, and Calgary Transit as a whole. This position reports to the Program Manager of the Electric Bus Program in the Calgary Transit Service Vehicles division, and will aid with day-to-day management activities, coordinating initiatives, and business planning. Primary duties include:
- Develop long-term engineering strategies, plans, processes, and training programs (including quality control, reliability, and innovation initiatives) for bus fleet transitions to zero-emission vehicles.
- Prepare the divisional business plan, including workforce planning, and process development in relation to bus fleet transition to zero emission fuels.
- Collaborate with divisional staff, including facility coordinators for the development of engineering processes for operations, maintenance, and training practices with front line staff.
- Offer leadership and support on behalf of the manager for various divisional projects; provide strategic reports to senior management on divisional initiatives.
- Research best industry practices for current activities, new initiatives, and engineering/maintenance practices and technologies as it pertains to zero-emission vehicles such as battery-electric, hydrogen fuel, and renewable natural gas.
- Communicate regularly to divisional staff regarding initiatives and direction on behalf of the manager.
- Write, edit, review, and track all reports going to committees and Council, and liaising on reporting requirements with government funding partners at Provincial and Federal levels.
- Coordinate divisional participation in corporate initiatives and reporting.
A related Engineering degree, and current licensure as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), or licensure by the first day of work.
At least 4 years of post-professional engineer experience.
Experience developing business plans and writing reports will be considered an asset.
Success in this position requires strong communication and project management skills; and the ability to understand key performance indicators, quality control principles, and statistics.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Pre-employment Drug Test: An offer of employment for this position will be conditional on an applicant passing a pre-employment drug test. This test assesses for use of drugs including cannabis. Failure to pass a pre-employment drug test may prevent an applicant from being hired into any safety sensitive position for a period of up to twelve months.
Business Unit: Calgary Transit
Position Type: 1 Permanent
Location: 928 32 Avenue NE
Compensation: Engineering Level E $86,967 - 131,311 per annum
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week earning 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: February 16, 2023
Job ID #: 307061