|Electrical & Instrumentation High Voltage Field Engineer|
Electrical & Instrumentation High Voltage Field Engineer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI), and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the most significant projects and private investments in Canada. To execute this exciting project, the HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems and the proven HBJV suite of tools.
The E&I High Voltage Field Engineer will report to the NPI Area Field Engineer (AFE). The AFE shall be the first point of contact for addressing any technical issue related to the Contractor’s Scope or Quality. In addition, the E&I High Voltage Field Engineer shall be familiar with the Integrated Construction Centre (ICC) platforms to issue technical queries, non-conformance reports, and other notices when necessary.
* Please note that this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14-day-on, 7-days-off rotation. *
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in all training when required
- Review of contractors’ submittals
- Process technical queries
- Perform electrical field inspection
- Sign applicable check sheets upon completion of field inspection
- Conduct contractors’ quality surveillance
- Attend weekly contractor quality meeting
- Issue non-conformance reports
- Issue quality incidents
- Verify contractors installed quantities every week
- Review and approve Contractors’ installed quantities in the database every week
- Prepare field sketches for temporary facilities when required
- Perform walk-downs with the contractors upon completion of specific field activities and initiate a punch list
- Verify closure of punch items
- Review of turnover documentation from the contractors
- Coordinate with engineering on constructability and design issues relating to the electrical discipline, such as installation and testing of electrical systems, lighting systems, high voltage equipment and grounding, and DCS systems.
- Establish an electrical design/field engineering working relationship and lines of communication with the Engineer of Record, including the agreement on electrical engineering deliverables and overall construction application configuration management.
- Specify the electrical criteria for the construction of temporary construction facilities as required.
- Review material receiving reports and warehousing to ensure delivery of correct electrical materials.
- Coordinate and monitor the interfaces for electrical data exchange to support the construction automation plan and the project controls program requirements at the job site.
- Coordinate with Field Supervision and Subcontractors to plan/support construction schedules.
- Plan and recommend electrical procedures to be implemented by Field Supervision to ensure construction operations are within the engineering design requirements and specifications.
- A recognized bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in good standing with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) or eligible for registration in the province of Saskatchewan.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in the Electrical discipline
- Strong understanding of quality management processes and systems, ISO standards, and auditing processes related to significant project delivery or program management
- High attention to detail, motivation, and commitment to quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts and technologies
- Functional knowledge of industry-leading functional standards and engineering management practices in a multi-discipline engineering environment, including 3D data-centric platforms
- Working knowledge of engineering, contracts & procurement, construction, commissioning, project controls, health & safety, environment & community, and risk multi-discipline workflows and interactions for large capital projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, including functional managers and discipline leads on the project, clients, outside vendors, and contractors
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills, including root cause analysis training
- Ability to foster an inclusive environment for their team while grounded to the Jansen core values
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.