New Job Document Control - Transit / Rail In Ontario
|Document Control - Transit / Rail|
Document Control - Transit / Rail
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As an experienced Document Controller, you’ll work on specifying industry-recognized standard document and quality control practices and contribute a thorough knowledge of the clients document control procedures and systems and contributes to ongoing enhancement of the living procedures documents. This includes understanding the document management requirements and the working framework for document management and document control, as well as guiding and assisting all stakeholders in consistent implementation of the associated tools, processes, and practices to meet the client’s, regulatory, and contractual requirements. You’ll have the support, means and space to deliver your best work, today and into tomorrow.
Based in Toronto, you’ll have the chance to facilitate and report on consistent implementation of approved procedures, auditing system use and continuous improvement of processes and tools to meet evolving needs of the client. This includes solutions applied across projects through design, construction, and commissioning as well as an understanding of document management requirements for alternative project delivery of transit AFP contracts and other types of project procurement. You’ll own your career as you work on some of the most innovative projects of our time.
Qualifications - External
- At least 5 years’ experience, working as a Document Control Professional in the heavy civil or industrial projects
- Diploma or Degree in relevant discipline (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated competency working in various EDMSs
- High proficiency in use of office software applications e.g., MS-Office and Adobe Acrobat
Experience with the controlling documents in commissioning and close-out phases of large projects Demonstrated customer focus
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work remotely and/or in office environment with minimum supervision
- Ability to understand, accept, and follow work direction and advice from senior team members or from the leader of the document control team
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Engineering and/or project management knowledge will be valuable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to details
- Forward thinking, and able to contribute with best document control industry practices to the team business goals.
- Eager and able to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams, support the team in a professional and concerned manner
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.