|Director, Engineering (Calgary, Alberta)|
Director, Engineering (Calgary, Alberta)
Company : GP JOULE Canada Corp.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Why you should join the GP JOULE team:
GP JOULE PV Canada Corp. North America is a subsidiary of GP JOULE GmbH, a diversified renewable project developer and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) service provider headquartered in Reußenköge, Germany with offices across Europe, the US and Canada. The North American team is focused on solar project co-development as well as full turnkey EPC services. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with satellite offices in Calgary, Alberta and Halifax, Nova Scotia and we specialize in ground mount and rooftop solar photovoltaic installations for both commercial and utility scale projects.
As a growing international private company, we value authenticity, fair business practices, innovation, quality, and zest for life. We look for highly spirited people embracing those same core values to join us! We are dedicated to promoting solar renewable energy in North America and reducing our carbon footprint.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Director, Engineering, EPC Business Unit, North America based out of our Calgary, Alberta office.
- Manage day-to-day organization, priority setting, compliance of the Projects’ team comprised of Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineering and Commissioning Staff.
- Manage resources against project portfolio and associated workload at all times and ensure back-ups are in place for vacation, any leave of absence or termination by Company or Employee.
- Consolidate and track sales order portfolio actual vs. base budget, cash flow plan, payables, receivables to make sure project P&L (at closing) are tracked
- Track and verify on an on-going basis your time and your staff overhead allocation to projects in the budget and other business development activities and support Accounting with on-time monthly submission, if required.
- Ensure KPI’s for all staff are tracked and reported monthly to team members, Manager and Executive Management (safety, quality, timing, financial (actual spent vs. budgeted), project cash flows and customer satisfaction).
- Maintain monthly Project executive summary and present Department Deliverables and Key Achievements and Issues in the monthly management meeting.
- Ensure all project data are archived in a consistent and organized manner by all staff members and consolidated / packaged adequately for Warranty Claims Management.
- Provide and track Department annual budget aligned with sales orders and pipeline, inclusive of staffing, hardware/software, training, equipment/tools, etc.
- Meet with local and remote staff regularly to provide opportunities for one-on-one check-in’s, mentoring, discussions about any contractual or confidential matters and make sure individual and overall team values and a healthy, collaborative culture are maintained in a consistent manner across the board.
- Maintain strict confidentiality rules around employee contractual and personal matters.
- Develop and improve standardized contracting documents for subcontractors and support the formalization of internal processes for the EPC operations.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Participate on drafting, reviewing, and negotiating client prime contracts with Business Development team which includes participating in drafting execution budget, cash flows and schedules.
- Ensure consistent focus by staff on project/contract strict compliance while maintaining customer engagement and satisfaction aiming at repeat business.
- Build-in mechanisms, tools, and verification methods to guarantee that all project standardized (templates) management tools are being utilized and transmitted to client weekly or as per specific contract requirement (RFI’s, master schedule, look-ahead schedules, open issues lists, meeting minutes).
- Support staff when required to communicate with clients on critical project issues, address commercial matters escalated, close out projects with a goal of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure coverage of all project deliverables during staff’s vacation, personal/sick days or leave of absence.
- Oversee on-time and on-budget procurement fulfillment of all equipment as well selection of qualified subcontractors for the projects by staff.
- Ensure consistent and systematic contracting agreements are in place in time, when required (minimum contract size) with critical suppliers, subcontractors, etc.
- Visit the construction sites on as needed basis to ensure construction schedules and progress are well coordinated and monitored and communication between the office and the site is efficient, collaborative and team oriented.
- Anticipate any cost overruns and put/suggest (if approval is necessary) recovery plans in place to alleviate. Escalate potential loss in profitability from budgeted margins, if necessary, to management, early enough to seek guidance or support.
- Review draft RFP‘s, Final RFP‘s, amendments, questions and answers, and final proposal revisions (FPR‘s) and support RFP‘s contributions as required (by creating outlines, developing schedules, write-ups, bio’s, etc.) for your Department.
- Transmit systematically equipment and subcontractor quotes to Business Development/Quoting Department to maintain an organized database of “re-useable” historical quotes (labor/equipment rates, inverters, transformers, MC equipment, cabling, BOS, subcontractors, etc.) to ensure an easy and quick-to-search system to standardize and accelerate quoting timelines while increasing the accuracy of proposals.
- Use and maintain systematically Customer Relationship Management database (sf.com) for industry relevant contacts (Operations-related).
- Always ensure Company Policy compliance and reward/discipline accordingly.
- Work with Manager in identifying and addressing areas of improvement towards Project Management Excellence, as well as other areas, in line with the successful development and implementation of the EPC Program Management System.
- Develop internal (staff) and external resources (consultants, suppliers, subcontractors, labor agencies, etc.).
- Plan and communicate to your team members and Manager work-sharing plans, back-up plans for vacations, time travelling or during your time-off.
- Ensure your desk, materials, hardware (equipment, tools, etc.), data (server architecture), etc. as well as Company Vehicles and Rentals are maintained, clean, in proper order and professionally looking at all times. Organize adequate project filing as required and audit data archiving, etc.
- Communicate your needs for efficient and operational environment (training, field tools, IT equipment uptime, software licences, etc.).
- Ensure all your expense reports are submitted and approved per monthly schedule, appropriately filled out according to Company policy and coding prior to approving.
- Report accurately and truthfully on an on-going basis your time allocations to various activities and projects to support timely project accounting with monthly submissions as scheduled.
- Organize adequate project filing as required and audit data archiving, etc. From your staff at least once monthly to ensure compliance.
- Ensure good work ethics and behaviours (hours of work/lunch breaks/breaks, work activities, etc.) are respected and comply with keeping personal matters during breaks or outside of work.
- Ensure that Company property is solely used for business activities at work and off work (i.e., cell phone data plans monitoring, social media, etc.).
- Promote a collaborative work environment. Participate in cross discipline team training meetings, share your knowledge and ideas with other members of the team and participate in social events.
- Advocate GP JOULE core business values and principles to clients, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Maintain valid driver’s licence and travel documents for work in Canada and the US.
While aligning those within general company goals hence:
- Work with management team to align your duties with the corporate strategic objectives and business opportunities.
- Achieve the strategic growth initiatives set every year.
- Perform any other duty as required and requested by your Manager.
We would like to review your application if you have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in business administration or related field.
- Ten or more years in a senior management role or relevant field.
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational function and principles, including finance, customer service, construction an employee management.
- Proven ability to plan and manage construction process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to streamline or implement new structures and roles that boost speed and efficiency while supporting rapidly shifting business demands.
- String knowledge of industry regulation and legal guidelines.
Where you will be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
The base hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on the business needs.
You may be expected to travel across Canada (Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Nova Scotia), and US (primarily Mid-West, North-East) from time to time as a representative of the Company.
GP Joule also offers an exciting, faced paced working environment with a competitive base salary based on experience. Along with a comprehensive benefits package and vacation allotments.