|DIGITAL MEDIA DESIGN SPECIALIST|
DIGITAL MEDIA DESIGN SPECIALIST
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : $39.92–$43.71 an hour
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 34021
Job Category: Information & Technology
Division & Section: Technology Services, Office of the Chief Technology Officer
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John St.
Job Type & Duration: Permanent, Full-time
Hourly Rate $39.92 - $43.71
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Qualified List: Candidate List will be established. For applicability and duration, see below.
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 14-Feb-2023 to 28-Feb-2023
As a Digital Media Design Specialist, you will be working on designing public and staff facing webpages and applications for the City of Toronto. Using your User Experience Design skills, you will work with clients to understand their requirements and present design solutions in line with the City’s web design standards. You will create other graphics as required, such as icons, social media graphics, and report graphics. You will work with a cross-functional team to develop new design patterns and components and contribute to the City’s design library.
- Advises clients on a wide range of digital media design and production products and services that enhance and promote the programs and services of the City.
- Delivers digital media products and services that are strategic, accomplish the business objectives of the client, meet high quality design and production standards including readability and accessibility, and are in accordance with the City's Corporate Identity Program (CIP).
- Acts as a resource to clients in the design and development of effective digital media content, products and promotions, with consideration to intended audience, message, brand, budget and intent of the communications product.
- Provides and applies sound advertising and marketing best practices and articulates marketing goals through clear and consistent design.
- Designs, develops and delivers a variety of digital media including online content, interactive materials, social media content, motion graphics, animation and video.
- Explores and stays current on latest trends and techniques, and advises management on the need for new technology and/or processes in the area of digital media design and production.
- Provides design for both online and print to provide flexibility in supporting clients' goals.
- Provides and applies UX/UI (User Experience Design/User Interface Design) and user-centered design best practices.
- Works collaboratively as part of a team, assisting with projects and providing sound technical and creative advice on design concepts and production tools and techniques.
- Monitors assigned projects, from concept to final product, for quality, budget and timeline controls.
- Performs applicable project and file management, routine computer maintenance and backup procedures and tracks project hours.
- Develops and manages content libraries including design assets in the form of text, photography, graphics, illustrations, video and audio.
- Leads all aspects of each project, including video creation, storyboard editing, animation, production and direction.
- Post-secondary education in Web, Digital or Graphic Design or an equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience working in user experience/user interface design or digital media design.
- Experience in User Experience and User Interface Design, demonstrated through prototyping, wireframing, usability studies and working with design specifications.
- Experience working with business users to determine their requirements; lead design workshops (including remote workshops), gain consensus, and present recommended design solutions.
- Considerable experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in prototyping using Adobe XD and working with design libraries. Comfortable to work with other design software (e.g., Figma, Sketch, and Miro) as required.
- Experience with WCAG 2.0 (W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0) and in the design of accessible websites across a range of technologies and type of devices (e.g., desktop, mobile)
You must also have:
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team, collaboratively with others in multidisciplinary team environment and work independently, as required.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to negotiate effective resolution of conflicting business priorities with corporate business Strong analytical, problem-solving, listening, and interacting skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen to establish and maintain effective consulting relationships with corporate clients and vendors, using a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work with competing demands, prioritize and meet deadlines.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.