Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Prince Edward Island
Amsted Canada is not only a leader in the manufacture of industrial components, we are a company where you are the driver of your own career. At Amsted, we know that our employees are at the heart of our world-class business and we value you and want you to excel with us. We spend time understanding where you want your career to go and help you get there by offering the support and resources that will allow you to grow with us. At Amsted, we also encourage a spirit of Innovation by allowing time and space to experiment, to think differently and to challenge the status quo. If this is the type of environment where you believe you will thrive, we encourage you to join us.
Operating under the Amsted Industries umbrella since 1962, today we are meeting the growing needs of a global market with over 80 facilities across six continents.
Amsted Canada has established a new Business Center in downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. We are elevating our Global Technology teams in several areas including but not limited to Security, Development, Infrastructure, Emerging Technology, SAP, and Engineering. These teams are instrumental in providing support to all Amsted affiliate locations worldwide.
We are looking for a Developer to join us supporting our application development team. This position offers an opportunity to develop technical skills in the following areas:
- Modern data storage techniques (MS SQL, CouchDB, MongoDB, etc...)
- Web service communication (REST, JSON)
- Dependency management (OO Concepts)
- Automated Testing
What we offer you:
- Autonomy to help drive the development of our growing office on Prince Edward Island in a role that will impact our growth and how we work across all of our functions of Amsted Rail and with our sister Amsted divisions
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package that only begins with a strong base salary commensurate with skills and abilities, but includes annual incentive opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package
- Investment into your personal and professional development to ensure you remain at the top of your field and can reach your goals
As a Jr Developer you will gain experience in preparation for advancement into professional development activities such as:
- Agile project lifecycle activities (User stories, sprint planning and review in Azure DevOps)
- Code design and refactoring (SOLID principles, advanced OO concepts)
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, salary continuation, and a health spending account.
- Company pension program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement credit
This position is being filled in our Charlottetown office and is not available for remote work at this time.
Amsted Rail offers employees the stability of an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. As a private company and 100% employee-owned, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make this company not only a profitable company, but also a place to grow our careers. We strive to be a place that people are attracted to, and we go steps beyond to make sure our employees are happy on the job – and away from it.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT