|Departmental Associate 2|
Departmental Associate 2
Company : City of Richmond BC
Salary : $30.09–$35.36 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Departmental Associate 2
The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community. The City of Richmond offers competitive pay programs, comprehensive benefits and attractive incentives. If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision “to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada”, then please apply.
Reporting to the Manager, Community Social Development, the Departmental Associate 2 position carries out a variety of administrative support functions.
Examples of key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Composing letters, memos, emails and other correspondence to a wide variety of internal and external clients; typing and editing reports, correspondence and data.
- Scheduling and organizing meetings by preparing materials and presentations, developing email agendas, minute taking and other duties as required.
- Providing clerical support to the Manager as well as to the other division staff members.
- Processing & tracking of written award recommendations and general correspondence related to project delivery.
- Tracking and distributing divisional and project related invoices.
- Timekeeping for staff including entering time, running queries, and checking and correcting errors to timesheets and entry.
- Credit card reconciliation.
- Liaising and providing information and assistance to a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Participating in continual improvements to systems and processes in an ever-changing, technology-driven environment.
- Updating and maintaining internet, intranet and divisional website by assisting with website design and updates.
- Maintaining records management system. Ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail and prepare mail outs. Performing other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to compose various types of correspondence, reports and presentations with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy, confidentiality and sound judgement.
- Ability to respond to internal and external customers by providing excellent customer service and assistance in person, telephone and email.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external work groups.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize workload to achieve timelines; perform multiple tasks simultaneously; work well under pressure; problem-solve; and deal with stressful situations with professionalism.
- Demonstrates ability to deliver high volumes of work within established deadlines and provide accurate and effective results.
- Ability to use software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, PeopleSoft HCM and REDMS at an intermediate to advanced level; ability to update website content.
- Ability to successfully clear a Police Information Check.
Qualifications and Experience:
Completion of grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by courses in office administration or software programs and one (1) to two (2) years of related clerical experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.