|Customer Service Representative|
Customer Service Representative
Company : City of Burlington, Ontario
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Working for the City of Burlington
A great career is closer than you think. Come work for the City of Burlington, where you’ll be joining an innovative and progressive workplace focused on building a 21st century city that respects the diversity of our residents, visitors and employees; and prioritizes continuous opportunities for you to learn and grow.
We don't just spend time attracting the best talent. We spend time and resources to keep the best talent. This may include: flexible working hours, mobile and hybrid working arrangements, a great pension and benefits package, as well as programs to foster innovation and leadership.
This position is required to work in person at City Hall, 426 Brant Street, Burlington. Work location is subject to change at the discretion of the City due to operational demands.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Licensing and Permit Administration, the Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing customer service to all internal and external customers of the Building & By-law Department. Key areas of responsibility are business licensing, lottery licensing, liquor licensing, sign and pool permits, banking functions, tracking of revenues and the permit entry process and records management. This position also has responsibility for supporting municipal enforcement.
- *The Customer Service Representative is responsible for:
- Assisting customers in person and by telephone, fax and email
- Reviewing, entering and processing applications for licences, records requests and permits
- Understanding and reviewing Municipal By-Laws
- Managing all files and records pertaining to licences, bylaw and OBC permits and administrative files
- Coordinating a wide range of administrative services including supporting senior staff involved in project management, typing of reports, correspondence, banking functions, account monitoring and central file management
- Providing administrative support and training to department staff in computerized applications, such as Microsoft Office, AMANDA and Perfect Mind POS.
- Assisting in the training of new staff on department administrative procedures
- *The Customer Service Representative requires at least two years of related work experience and a high school diploma. Additionally, the successful applicant must demonstrate exceptional public relations, organizational, teamwork, and communication skills. Applicants must have solid experience Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software, AMANDA experience is a definite asset.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the City of Burlington accommodates the individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call us at 905-335-7602 or email us at: [email protected] if you require accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $51,753.00-$64,691.00 per year