New Job Customer Service Agent In Alberta
|Customer Service Agent|
Customer Service Agent
Company : Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Salary : $38.75 an hour
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1736
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Casual
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: As Required
Department/ Branch: Community and Protective Services, Pulse
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL6
Rate*: $ 38.75
COLA**: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 19/02/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
**COLA (Cost of Living Allowance) amount listed is based on full-time hours, for casual/part-time positions COLA will be prorated based on hours worked.
Under general supervision, the Customer Service Agent will operate the Municipality’s Pulse communication platforms, provide receptionist and/or clerical support duties, and maintain a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Communication platforms include the Pulse call line, email and online communication including, but not limited to, social media platforms, and front counter reception services. The incumbent responds to a wide variety of customer service-related enquiries while always providing a high level of customer service, maintaining confidentiality, displaying excellent professionalism, and correctly following procedures to have a positive impact on service delivery, municipal operations, and corporate image.
Receive, document, research, direct, and respond to enquiries from a variety of platforms in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Complete required follow up activities to ensure customer service targets are achieved.
- Verify, record, and maintain electronic records of all incoming and outgoing calls, emails, in-person, and online requests in a variety of software applications.
- Efficiently manage high demand situations and provide the necessary support.
- Liaise with leader or designated personnel on developing and/or escalated issues/situations.
- Assist in conducting municipal surveys, marketing programs, and provide support for special projects.
- Maintain knowledge of municipal bylaws, municipal processes, and community information.
- Greet visitors and provide front counter reception assistance, including processing courier shipments.
- Record and store lost items turned over to the Municipality and process return of claimed items.
- Support orientation, training, and peer mentoring of new and existing employees.
- Adhere to and support development and revisions to branch policies, directives, procedures, and guiding documents.
- Adhere to confidentiality and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Strong verbal, written, and online communication skills enabling communication with all levels of staff and customers.
- Positive attitude and desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully, and effectively with a diverse range of people, using judgement, discretion and sound decision-making skills, sometimes in conflict and/or complex situations.
- Ability to maintain composure and diplomacy in a demanding work environment.
- Must exercise confidentiality and discretion with client information.
- Advanced listening skills to support transcribing detailed enquiry tickets.
- Ability to enter data quickly and accurately into required software.
- Knowledge of community characteristics to assist with resolving enquiries.
- Ability to source information and utilize all available resources to problem solve.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to learn quickly and retain information.
- Strong multitasking ability and able to manage a high volume of calls and requests simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing priorities, technology, and procedures.
- Knowledge of social media (for example, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter) and web-based applications.
- Ability to respond, and/or support response, to customer service inquiries via social media.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Certificate in Office Administration or Business Administration is required.
- Two (2) years of related customer service experience in a fast-paced/high volume clerical or office support position is required.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check.
- Competency testing will be required as part of the interview evaluation.
- Ability to work a rotating shift that includes holidays, evening/night shift, and weekends.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, including all policies, practices, procedures, as well as properly utilizing all control measures including the required use of personal protective equipment. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.