New Job Custodial Worker In Alberta
Company : City of Edmonton
Salary : $20.13 an hour
Location : Alberta
At the City of Edmonton - City Operations, we strive to help our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth and provides continuous opportunities for development.
Keep our City buildings and offices sparkling! If you enjoy independent work where your results are noticed daily, and you are available to work varying shifts, 5 days per week, Sunday to Saturday, at various City facilities, then this is the position for you!
The successful applicants will be responsible for manual cleaning duties, including the use of light and heavy custodial equipment. Specifically, you will:
- Dust and polish desks and furniture; empty and clean waste paper baskets in offices
- Clean and disinfect vertical and horizontal surfaces; perform light mopping and vacuuming
- Complete cleaning, disinfecting and servicing of washroom, kitchen areas and locker room facilities daily
- Use heavy cleaning equipment and supplies for washing, sweeping, stripping, waxing and polishing floors, and steam cleaning carpets
- Move audio-visual equipment, platforms, tables, chairs and office furniture for cleaning purposes or event setup and take-down
- Report when minor repairs are required
- Keep records of attendance, operations and repairs, including both written and data entry
- Secure and lock gates and doors of buildings and City property
- Follow established cleaning procedures and perform other related duties as required
- Completion of the 10th school grade
- Minimum 1 year experience in custodial work. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Completion or enrollment in the Building Service Worker Program from a recognized post secondary institution would be considered an asset
- Able to understand, communicate, read and write English at a level needed to meet job-related task and safety requirements
- Ability to perform duties according to a work schedule and under minimum direction
- Physical strength and the ability to perform the light and heavy custodial duties
- Knowledge of and experience with approved cleaning techniques and procedures
- Skill in the use of cleaning machines and equipment
- Committed to safety using occupational health and safety and environmental standards and procedures
- Ability to work with people of all levels within the organization in a professional manner and demonstrate trust and responsibility in the performance of duties
- Successful candidates will be fit for a respirator, and compliance with the City of Edmonton's Code of Practice for Respiratory Protective Equipment, including medical monitoring, is a requirement of this position
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's licence (or provincial equivalent). Obtaining and maintaining a City Driver's permit may be required for this position
- Hire is dependent upon an Enhanced Police Information Check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Applicants may be tested
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected]
COVID-19 Notice: The City of Edmonton has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
For more information, please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (bit.ly/3lKwb6j) and COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure (bit.ly/39BICMt).
4 permanent and temporary, full-time positions
Hours of Work: Any 8 hours per day, 7 days per week, Sunday - Saturday. The ability to work any shift or work at any location is required.
Salary: $20.127 (Hourly); $42,025.180 (Annually)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: KT/ SM