New Job Community Human Resource Generalist In British Columbia
|Community Human Resource Generalist
Community Human Resource Generalist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Community Human Resource Generalists
Classification: Permanent Full-Time (35 hours per week),
Salary: Depending on experience
Location: Williams Lake, BC and the Six Tŝilhqot’in Communities
Deadline: Until Filled
The Tŝilhqot’in Nation is a world leader in advancing Indigenous rights and title, as demonstrated by the landmark Aboriginal Title Declaration from the Supreme Court of Canada in 2014. The Nation is currently implementing a ground-breaking tripartite framework agreement (Gwets’en Nilt’i Pathway Agreement) with the goal of transforming over the next five years the fundamental relationships between the Tŝilhqot’in Nation and the Federal and Provincial Crown governments.
The Tŝilhqot’in National Government is currently looking for two Community Human Resources Generalists. The Community Human Resources Generalists will help support in the delivery of a broad range of Human Resources services to the six communities and will be expected to travel frequently to the six communities in the Tŝilhqot’in Nation. This role will touch many areas of people services including but not limited to, recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, talent and performance management. Training available for the right candidates.
Preference will be given to those of Aboriginal Ancestry - Section 16(1) Canadian Human Rights Act.
- Assists in all Human Resources functional areas including; recruitment, onboarding, performance and change management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning and succession planning
- Builds trusting relationships across the communities through knowledge and understanding of the community needs
- Educates and supports employees in the use of HRIS software to create capacity in the organization
- Supports the implementation and ongoing use of HR policies, projects and programs, focused on enhancing performance and growth
- Ensures employee onboarding program is aligned with communities needs and culture while maintaining consistency with an overall organizational approach
- Promotes a respectful workplace and supports health & safety and health & wellness initiatives
- Provides change management support and participates in organizational Human Resources projects as needed
- Remains current with external Human Resources best practices and processes as well as new trends
- Is a role model for professionalism when representing the communities internally and externally
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and uses discretion on all matters relating to the affairs of the communities
- Other duties as assigned
- A suitable qualification or actively studying to achieve such a qualification from a recognized university or college in Human Resources
- Previous experience working in a local government or First Nation environment is considered an asset
- Strong business acumen with thorough problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), demonstrated skills in record keeping
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to navigate a dynamic, fast pace environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and resilient; strong organization skills with the ability to effectively respond to continually changing internal and external organizational conditions
- An understanding of, and appreciation for First Nation culture
- Reliable vehicle and Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Familiarity with the Tŝilhqot’in, and Indigenous organizations would be an asset.
- Travel will be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 15lbs may be required.
Please send resume, cover letter and 3 references by the closing date to:
Human Resources Manager,
Tŝilhqot’in National Government,
253 – 4th Avenue North,
Williams Lake, BC, V2G 4T4
Email: [email protected]
Only those invited to interview will be contacted.