New Job Chef De Partie - Malaparte In Ontario
|Chef de Partie - Malaparte|
Chef de Partie - Malaparte
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Malaparte is a spectacular event space on the 6th floor at TIFF Bell Lightbox, in the heart of Toronto’s Entertainment District. The rooftop terrace and outdoor amphitheatre is reminiscent of the roof of Villa Malaparte in Capri where Jean-Luc Godard shot Le Mépris. Sophisticated textures, shimmer and elegance, make it perfect for exclusive private events and star-studded soirées.
What’s in it for you?
- Gratuity Sharing
- Discounted gym membership and Employee Assistance Program
- 50% Dining Discount for all O&B locations
- Employee Referral Program
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to Health, Dental and Visions benefits with Enhanced Mental Health Coverage
Our Chef de Parties are seasoned cooks which have gained considerable experience working in fine dining kitchen. They are very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. The Chef de Partie must also be able to give orders within their section, work independently as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the Sous Chef and Chef. Their attention to detail is monumental, able to mentor junior cooks and trouble-shooting any problems that may arise.
- You are passionate and articulate about food and beverage
- You value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity
- You value positivity, honesty and respect
- You aim to leave lasting, positive impressions on every guest through intelligent, enthusiastic and emotional service.
- You celebrate diversity and recognize that we are strongest when we apply the sum of our personal energies, our collective genius
The Day to Day:
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to O&B standards
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
- Maintain a prep list of station duties
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- 1.5 - 2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
- Serve Safe certified
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
Oliver & Bonacini's Diversity Commitment
At Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality, we are committed to treating every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just, and create working environments where our employees can be at their best.