New Job Cashier In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $15.50 an hour
Location : Ontario
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click here to view our Team Member video!
Start Date: ASAP
Work status: Full time
Schedule: Varied Days, Evenings and weekends
Wage : $15.50/hr
Location: University of Ottawa, 85 University Private, Ottawa ON
Important Information: No previous experience required
The schedule is weekdays for student lunch service and follows school holidays, i.e. summer, 2 weeks at Christmas, spring break, pedagogical days.
Possibility of group insurance after 6 months of continuous service for positions working 25 hours or more per week Subsidized meals, Uniforms provided, Bonus $ for an employee referral, rapid and unlimited career advancement with a pleasant and safe work environment.
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for making cash transactions, verifying cash drawers, giving change, counting cash receipts, and completing cash reports.
As a Cashier, you will:
- Perform sales transactions in a timely fashion
- Enter all sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded
- Follow standard procedures for issuing cash refunds
- Interact with customers and resolve customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts ensuring that cash drawer follows overage/shortage standards
- Ensure compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures
- Ensure compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements
- Make recommendations, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent decision-making ability and problem solving
- Familiar with the use of a cash register is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal.)
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact [email protected] for further information.