New Job Bridge Supervisor In New Brunswick
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $28.03 an hour
Location : New Brunswick
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Who we are?
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure's mission is to contribute to New Brunswick's economy and quality of life by providing and supporting sustainable infrastructure that allows for the safe and efficient movement of people, goods and government services to the public. Not only is the department responsible for managing over 18,000 kilometers of provincial highways, it also manages the planning, design and construction of hospitals, schools and other government buildings.
What you will do?
As Bridge Supervisor, you will work under the direction of the Bridge Superintendent and be responsible for:
- Directing and supervising of employees and personnel engaged in the maintenance and repairs of bridges, culverts and buildings as well as participation in these tasks
- Performing inspections for the purpose of preventative maintenance to departmental standards
- Adhering to budget guidelines and environmental safety regulations
- Maintaining daily records and reports and perform other work as required.
- Office location: Moncton
- May work holidays, weekends, and/or variable hours
- May work in adverse road and weather conditions
- We promote a scent-reduced environment
- Some travel within the region will be required
Who you are?
Key behavioural competencies
- Developing Others
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Organizational Commitment
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Analytical Thinking
- Graduation from high school or GED
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in construction and/or maintenance of bridges, including a minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is also required
- Possession of a valid New Brunswick Class 5 driver's license
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate experience in the construction of bridges. Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualification in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure offers:
- Meaningful work and the opportunity to support New Brunswickers in times of need.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
SALARY: $28.03 per hour, based on 40 hours per week
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply?
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
- Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that your preferred language of assessment is identified in your résumé.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to dti-mti.dist[email protected] or by mail at the following address by March 01, 2023 indicating competition number 2022-D03-04. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
- Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
- District 03 - Moncton
- 46 Toombs Street,
- Moncton, NB E1C 8R9
- Telephone: (506) 856-2000
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Let's connect. You belong here.