|Assistant, Private Banking|
Assistant, Private Banking
Company : CIBC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit
What You’ll Be Doing
You will provide administrative and sales support to one or more Private Banking Advisors. As a Private Banking Associate, you will provide exceptional service to Private Banking clients by assisting them with their transactional banking needs and responding to their queries. This could include lending, borrowing, investing or commercial lending needs.
Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
How You’ll Succeed
- Client Service – Greet customers arriving for meetings and arrange contact with appropriate individual. Effectively deal with any client issues, concerns or problems promptly or refer to others as appropriate. Service the financial needs of existing clients when the Private Banking Advisor is not available (including sale of high value products and services within established guidelines).
- Operational Excellence - Respond to incoming telephone calls and clients requests to process wires/cables and visa, tax and bill payments, and ensure requests get completed. Manage all fax requests for money orders, drafts, currency exchanges, etc. and ensure all requests are ready for customer to pick up in the branch. Complete complex investigations for clients concerning account activity.
- Sales Support – Support Private Banking Advisor in the management of their portfolios by reviewing all customer documentation with respect to compliance with regulations and bank policies. Coordinate communication to customers regarding obtaining necessary financial information for completion of credit renewals, reviews and temporary overdraft protection. Monitor diary for upcoming maturities/renewals/expiries and advise the Private Banking Advisor.
- Administrative Support – Assist the Manager, Private Banking Operations in rolling out special marketing or client events, and ensure the marketing material is current. Carry out a range of activities related to building and maintaining deposits as well as investment accounts. Process look-ups and provide information on accounts, loans and process cheque orders, and input credit details and loan notes into system.
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You can demonstrate experience with loan, mortgage, and investment products sufficient to respond to general customer inquiries. Working knowledge of branch routine and operations of other departments and CIBC partners, sufficient to address client inquires adequately and/or refer to appropriate source.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Job Location10180-101 St Suite 1375
SkillsCustomer Engagement, Investments, Office Administration