|Asset Manager, Municipal Infrastructure (18-month contract)|
Asset Manager, Municipal Infrastructure (18-month contract)
Company : City of Brooks
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Welcome to the City of 100 Hellos! We are a welcoming and inclusive community and one of the most culturally diverse communities in Alberta, with a population of 14,451 and another 11,000 in the surrounding area.
The City of Brooks has an opening for the position of Asset Manager, in our planning and engineering department on an 18-month contract. This is a great opportunity for someone to gain experience in the Management of Municipal Infrastructure in a professional and supportive environment.
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for providing support in the development and implementation of Asset Management strategies and frameworks at all levels of the organization. The City of Brooks has recently completed an Asset Management Needs Assessment. You will be responsible for implementing the report recommendations in collaboration with the Asset Management Committee.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Municipal Risk Register to identify, assess and quantify risks;
- Develop, consolidate and enhance the City’s asset inventories, including the establishment of a condition assessment methodology;
- Create measurement metrics or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Collaborate with team members across the organization to determine a systematic approach to the development of Asset Management practices;
- Develop and maintain a regulatory register;
- Develop and review a Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) in alignment with organizational objectives; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field;
- Certificate in Asset Management or equivalent;
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in Asset Management practices. Previous municipal experience would be preferred;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Class 5 Drivers License and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills along with the ability to prioritize a wide range of initiatives; and,
- Demonstrated expertise in use and application of MS Office Suite, GIS and related software applications.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE
- 18-month term contract, non-union.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- The regular working hours are Monday to Friday in a business casual environment.
- You will also receive a free family membership to the JBS Canada Centre during your term of employment.
A clean criminal records check and commercial driver abstract will be required before an offer of employment is presented to the successful applicant. The City of Brooks thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Brooks is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, trains, pays, and promotes employees fairly and equally regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, age, or physical status.
Job Type: Contract