New Job Analyst, Senior Financial In Yukon
|Analyst, Senior Financial
Analyst, Senior Financial
Company : City of Whitehorse
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: March 10th, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. Yukon Standard Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Analyst, Senior Financial
Department: Financial Services
The incumbent administers key components of the financial reporting cycle with an emphasis on developing the annual Operating and Capital budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer the Operating and Capital budgeting process, including liaising with departments to compile financial data, preparation of multi-faceted analysis, resolution of discrepancies, and complex calculations as required. Lead the capital ranking process and participate in budget development meetings with senior management and Council.
- Perform financial modeling and scenario analysis for program evaluation, planning and forecasting. Participate in corporate policy development initiatives as assigned.
- Manage the corporate tangible asset registry in compliance with Public Sector Accounting Board guidelines.
- Manage the corporate insurance program including reconciliation to the asset registry, ensuring adequate insurance is in place and costs properly allocated across the corporation. Administer insurance claims as assigned.
- Research and assist with implementation of change initiatives within the department and across the corporation to feed into the financial reporting process.
- Perform internal audits, year-end reconciliations, variance and trend analysis as assigned. Liaise with external auditors and assist with development of the audited financial statements.
- Contribute to the preparation of financial bylaws and policy while also ensuring departments adhere to established processes.
- Administer assigned programs from a financial perspective including but not limited to external funding agreements, debenture management, infrastructure reconstruction and local improvements, and lease management.
- Acts as Supervisor, Financial Reporting as assigned.
- Follows, so far as reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Other related duties.
Majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions. Position is required to meet many fixed ongoing organizational deadlines.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Related University degree and completion of all CPA preparatory courses with active enrollment to completion
- 5 years previous progressive accounting experience
- On the job experience - 1 year
- Strong understanding of GAAP and PSAB rules and regulations
- Incumbent must be able to work independently in a very fast paced environment with little supervision
- The ability to be self-directed and have good time management skills is essential, as are research skills and a strong client service orientation
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure to meet critical deadlines
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
General office equipment with the ability to operate various software including but limited to ERP, budget, spreadsheet, word processing and electronic mail.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/our-government/employment/how-to-apply/. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected].
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.