New Job Advisor, Project Control And Audit In Alberta
|Advisor, Project Control and Audit
Advisor, Project Control and Audit
Company : Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1687
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Fixed Term Duration: Approximately ten (10) months
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 70 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Financial Services, Accounting Services
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Salary Range: Competitive Salary
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date: 19/02/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
Reporting to the Project Services Manager, the Project Control and Audit Advisor prepares and conducts assurance and advisory audits and reviews a variety of services and capital projects, in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) of the Institute of Internal Auditors. Incumbent is also responsible for collection, assembly, and submission of the Disaster Recovery Program (DRP) for the wildfire recovery phase. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
Program Development: Assists the Project Services Manager with program service delivery with direct involvement in daily operations and administration. Researches and assists with the development and implementation of departmental strategies, tools, administrative procedures based on best practices for continuous improvement.
Departmental Advice: Acts as a departmental advisor to provide technical and functional guidance regarding policies, procedures, program implementation, and legislation to management and other staff. This advice will ensure consistent, innovative, and legislatively compliant administrative guidelines, policies, procedures, and precedents.
Service Delivery: Performs internal controls and guideline assessments associated with recovery projects. Completes recovery phase vendor audits to ensure compliance to contracts and agreements. Analyzes project cost trends and present to stakeholders in a comprehensive, complete and timely fashion, including proactive investigation of causes of variances between estimated and actual amounts and recommend solutions. Supports project closeout by identifying areas for improvement, communicating lessons learned and preparation of closeout reports. Liaises with Government of Alberta representatives regarding DRP and recovery of costs. Reconciles all reimbursement submissions to the Government of Alberta.
Wildfire Recovery: The incumbent will align all daily activities with the RMWB 2016 Wildfire Recovery Plan and the RMWB 2016 Wildfire Recovery Campaign Plan to ensure desired outcomes are achieved. These documents outline the primary objectives of recovery: to enhance the well-being of RMWB residents; assess and remediate the environmental impacts of the wildfires; reinvigorate economic activity in the region; enable rapid, safe, efficient, and compliant rebuilding activities to address and repair wildfire damages; and, to implement mitigation measures with a view to improving resiliency.
Candidates need to show evidence of the following:
- Significant access to confidential information, proven ability to be discreet and keep all information and documentation strictly confidential is required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, manage conflict and strong decision-making skills.
- Strong critical thinking, business analysis, research, writing and verbal skills.
- Strong financial literacy, numerical and analytical skills and understanding of cost control systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and as part of a multidisciplinary professional team.
- Knowledge of local government issues and municipal policies and practices is an asset.
- A strong commitment to the recovery of our community and a positive, results-focused attitude is required.
A degree in Business Administration or Commerce, combined with an Accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA) is required.
- Auditing (CIA, CISA, etc.) designation is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Three (3) years’ experience in a project control or audit environment.
- Experience working in a public sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible and accountable for knowing and working in accordance with the Health and Safety Directive. As per Section 2 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the incumbent shall ensure, while in the employ of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the health and safety of employees, contractors and the public.
This position is not employed in a supervisory capacity. As such, the employee is not required to obtain additional safety training in accordance with municipal procedures and directives.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.