|Advisor, Asset Management Water and Wastewater|
Advisor, Asset Management Water and Wastewater
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $94,424–$118,028 a year
Location : Ontario
Who we are: Peel is known as a leading water and wastewater service provider. We deliver exceptional service to our customers by ensuring the community is provided with a safe and dependable drinking water supply, wastewater is efficiently collected and properly treated, and both the environment and long-term financial management is considered into every decision we make.
Reports to: Manager, Asset Management and Strategic Asset Planning
What you will do in this role:
- Promote, implement and update the Region of Peel’s Water and Wastewater Asset Management Strategy
- Assess the state of Peel’s Water and Wastewater infrastructure and infrastructure requirements to meet service delivery objectives
- Assess various tools, processes, methodologies and reporting practices under Water and Wastewater asset management strategy
- Define and update asset condition data and performance criteria (asset levels of service) necessary to provide effective service delivery
- Assess asset risks, facilitating risk assessment exercises and determine levels of risk to service impairment
- Update and develop strategies and methods related to defining asset levels of service, asset/service risks and asset life cycles
- Analyze and interpret risk assessments, detailed data and complex reports to develop recommendations or actions that can affect services or the Program’s strategic directions; sometimes based on limited information
- Engage in extensive problem solving tasks including: utilizing advanced research techniques; extensive consultations with subject matter experts; employing independent and sound judgment and significant independent decision-making
- Facilitate, present and liaise with department representatives to clearly articulate specialized and complex technical analysis and advice to senior managers, peers and stakeholders
- Define scope of works and terms of reference for studies and projects
- Provide timely completion of projects, tasks and delivery of objectives
- Retain and Manage external consultants to deliver project objectives
- Professional designation in Engineering, Finance or Environmental Studies
- 5 years of related work experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Excellent knowledge of asset management principles and practices
- Highly knowledgeable of municipal infrastructure in particular Water and Wastewater infrastructure planning and its operations
- Highly knowledgeable of municipal financing
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Projects
- Combination of education and experience may be considered
- Presentation and Facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to identify and respond quickly to emerging issues
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills (written and oral)
- Must be an effective team player
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision benefit plan (effective start date)
- Automatic enrolment into OMERS pension plan (where applicable)
- Accrue Vacation on a monthly basis (where applicable) up to 3 weeks per annum
- 3 Paid personal days and floating holidays (non-union)
- Flexible hours supporting your wellness and wellbeing (non-union)
- Annual performance review and merit increases based on performance (non-union/ where applicable)
- Supportive leadership and a culture of respect and inclusion
- Access to tuition reimbursement (where applicable) and learning and development resources
- Work Mode:In this role you will have the ability to work remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at the 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton ON worksite. The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced COVID-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ , or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated , a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.Additional Information:
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact [email protected]
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.