New Job Administrative Assistant To Manager, Health Protection In Ontario
|Administrative Assistant to Manager, Health Protection|
Administrative Assistant to Manager, Health Protection
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
To assist and provide confidential administrative assistance to the Manager, Immunization Services in supporting the Supervisors and staff in Immunization Services, while ensuring efficient day-to-day operations.
- Handles and creates sensitive/confidential documents such as Council Reports, HR memos, Job Data and Payroll forms (e.g. HRMS) for Immunization Services
- Assists with Accident/Incident reports and WSIB
- Collates and prepares financial reports and assists with budget analysis and preparation, including overtime tracking, and technology inventory tracking
- Ensures confidentiality at all times in maintaining and handling of supervisory personnel files, PAs and learning and development documentation, tracking of contract staff, annual verification of RN College of Nurses renewals PHNs
- Coordinates administrative work within Immunization Services, including coordinating staff attendance at conferences and workshops
- Manages all liaisons with other Public Health divisions, e.g. Office of the MOH, Communicable Diseases Division
- Liaises with internal departments such as Accounts Payable, Payroll, Purchasing and Human Resources and external agencies such as the Ministry of Health (MOH)
- Receives, screens and handles distribution of incoming correspondence and prepares draft responses for approval or responds directly when appropriate
- Receives and responds to messages and requests from Regional staff, Councillors, members of the public and external agencies, ensuring these are dealt with in a timely manner
- Anticipates and responds to requests for information, reports and meetings and distributes as per protocol
- Processes Requests for Leave, Personal Expense Forms, invoices, cheque requests and P Card reconciliations for manager and supervisors
- Maintains appointment schedules, Outlook tasks, calendar and email for the Manager and coordinates travel arrangements, handles meetings logistics including agenda preparation and minutes of meetings
- Inputs and monitors Peel Absence Tracking/People Soft access for supervisory staff
- Acts as back up for administrative absences
- Creates and maintains reference files for the manager
- Coordinates Property Service or office management activities and other administrative support
- May assist in drafting documents
- Purchases equipment and supplies
- Responsible to carry out job duties in a safe and healthy manner
- Provides support during Business Continuity and Urgent Response situations
- Performs other related duties as required
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- Secondary school graduate plus post-secondary office administrative education or related field combined with a minimum of three years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, HRMS
- Excellent verbal communication skills to interact effectively with clients at all levels
- Excellent writing skills needed for drafting responses and minute taking
- Efficient customer service must be a strong value of the candidate
- Tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to problem-solve and be pro-active
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner within a collaborative team environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills and the ability to deal with shifting/changing priorities and competing demands
- Knowledge of the Health Department’s structure, programs and services, unionized environment would be an asset
Hours of Work : 35 hours per week
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ , or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated , a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.Additional Information:
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact [email protected].
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.