Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $27.00–$31.89 an hour
Location : Ontario
Job Details: Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: February 23rd, 2023 at 4:30 pm
Department: Fire and Emergency Services
Number of Positions: One (1)
File Number: SV23-20 Hours: 35 hours per week; Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Rate of Pay: $27.00 - $31.89 per hour
The City of Belleville, known as the ‘Friendly City’, is located at the mouth of the Moira River where it meets the picturesque Bay of Quinte. Experience world-class fishing, boating, cycling and walking along approximately 14 kilometers of waterfront trails. Situated between Toronto and Montreal, and less than one hour from the U.S. border, the City truly is at the center of it all. Approximately 56,000 people make Belleville their home and over 220,000 live within 30 minutes of the City. We are in close proximity to Prince Edward County where you can discover award winning wineries and numerous beaches including Sandbanks Provincial Park. We are home to Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology as well as Albert College, Canada’s oldest co-ed boarding independent private school.
The historic downtown core provides numerous restaurants, shopping and live music and theater venues for an amazing cultural experience. Our inviting blend of small town warmth and big city amenities, quality of life and affordable housing make Belleville the perfect place to live, work and play. More information is available at www.belleville.ca.
Currently, the City of Belleville has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join the Finance Department as a Revenue Customer Service Representative.
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Reporting to the Fire Chief, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Fire Management Team. The support includes but is not limited to providing and coordinating a wide variety of administrative and support services pertaining to the operation of the Fire and Emergency Services department both urban and rural sections.
- Responsible for the day to day office administrative work including but not limited to responding to general public inquires, coordinating incoming and outgoing mail & other correspondence, calendar management, etc.
- Responsible for the tracking and submitting of time & attendance and payroll for all department IAFF Local 497, CLAC 920, and exempt employees
- Maintain, track and distribute all Standard Operating Procedures, Administrative Notices, Internal Memos and external correspondence on behalf of the Fire Department
- Document minutes on behalf of Joint Health and Safety Committee and meetings with internal/external stakeholders
- Coordinate payment for registration of all personnel for fire service certification training, fire related courses, seminars and training
- Execute the operation of fire department records management, payroll and administrative programs
- Coordinate and assemble all information related to audits (Office of the Fire Marshal, Ministry of Labour, etc.)
- Coordinate and assemble all information related to Freedom of Information Requests
- Process all paperwork for cost recovery invoicing related to Fire and Rates & Charges Bylaws and Ministry of Transportation claims
- Submit all applications to the Office of the Fire Marshal and Federal Long Service Exemplary Medals and Bars
- Coordinate and process payment of all Fire related purchases including equipment, clothing issue, supplies and training materials
- Responsible for coordination of preventive maintenance of fire stations for issues identified as part of routine Health and Safety audits
Note: Above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
Essential (minimum) Qualifications:
- Completion of a College Certificate in Office Administration or related field
Essential (minimum) Qualifications:
- 3 years’ administrative experience in a related field, preferably in a municipal environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft 365, Records Management and Amanda software
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and government
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
- Sound Problem solving skills
- Advanced communications skills and abilities with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other department staff and the public in a professional and courteous manner using tact & diplomacy
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to work with confidential or sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality
How to Apply:
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised that the City of Belleville uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job postings. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is
checked frequently and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence regarding recruitments via email, it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the job posting.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.