|Word/Data Processing Clerk II - Human Resources Assistant|
Word/Data Processing Clerk II - Human Resources Assistant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $41,690–$51,769 a year
Location : Alberta
The Edmonton Police Service is seeking a highly organized and competent individual to provide administrative support to the Inspector and for select recruitment activities within the Employee Services & Recruitment Branch. Additionally, this position will act as the first point of contact for the Human Resources Division of the Edmonton Police Service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing reception duties for the Human Resources Division by greeting visitors to the area, general office duties, distributing mail, arranging appointments and handling or directing enquiries.
- Assisting in the civilian recruitment process by scheduling job interviews, assembling interview and welcome packages, and administering software evaluations.
- Preparing documentation relating to the recruitment, selection and transfer of civilian employees.
- Preparing and formatting a variety of correspondence.
- Scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, providing minutes and follow-up on routine information requests.
- Maintaining filing systems, record keeping and documentation.
- Preparing and issuing certificates of employment and service recognition pins, plaques and epaulettes.
- CARM for the area to support the Sgt, S/Sgt and Inspector of Employee Services & Recruitment Branch.
- Tracking of Court Subpoenas for Sworn members off work/on leave.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade including business subjects with an emphasis on word and information processing, or completion of an appropriate certificate program from an approved business school/college (in the HR field), supplemented by training in basic microcomputer applications.
- A minimum of two (2) years diversified word and information processing experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, customer service, and written communication skills.
- The ability to process a large volume of work with a high degree of accuracy.
- PeopleSoft, Taleo and CARM (scheduling and time tracking application) experience would be considered an asset.
- Applicants may be tested.
- As part of your pre-hire screening you will be required to complete an Enhanced Security Clearance. Should you accept employment with the Edmonton Police Service you acknowledge and agree to participate in future Enhanced Security Re-Clearances at scheduled intervals or in any other circumstances, exigent or otherwise, as required by Human Resources Division.
COVID-19 Notice: New employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to provide proof of vaccination. New employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption.
Hours of Work:
33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.
82M, Salary Grade: 005, $23.66 - $29.38 (Hourly), $1,597.30 - $1,983.50 (Bi-Weekly), $41,690.05 - $51,769.02 (Annually).
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
- This position is currently under a review initiated by CSU52. This means that the terms and conditions may change at a future time if the review finds that this position properly belongs within the scope of CSU52. The review is ongoing with no current forecasted date of completion.
- Please note that the option to work remotely is not available at this time.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: CS