New Job Utility B (Roadways) - Winter Season In Saskatchewan
|Utility B (Roadways) - Winter Season|
Utility B (Roadways) - Winter Season
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $27.15–$28.51 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Transportation and Construction
Department: Roadways, Fleet and Support Services
Term: 1 Permanent Full Time position(s) available.
Closing Date: 01/13/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 859
Under supervision of the Supervisor VI, this position operates a variety of equipment used in the Roadways and Operations and the Water and Waste Stream Divisions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates various types of equipment, including a sweeper, asphalt distributor, asphalt planer, compaction equipment, skid-steer loader, sidewalk ploughs, asphalt patching units, truck snow ploughs and various trucks.
- Performs minor maintenance, servicing and cleaning of the equipment on a regular basis. Assists the Mechanic and Welder with repair of equipment, as required.
- Maintains appropriate service records.
- Records the data required for the Maintenance Management System.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities And Skills
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and procedures used in repairing and maintaining streets and sidewalks.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing the safe and efficient operation of the equipment.
- Knowledge of the work activities performed by the Roadways & Operations Division.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
Education, Training And Experience Requirements
- Grade 10 education.
- Three years' experience operating various types of equipment.
- Successful completion of Operator Certification.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 1A Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid first aid certificate.
Weekly Hours: 40 - Shift work and weekend work may be involved.
Salary Range: $27.15 to $28.51 CAD per hour (2022 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].