New Job Technical Lead In New Brunswick
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $4,708–$6,578 a month
Location : New Brunswick
Pay Band 5
Who we are
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to have timely access to information for decision-making. The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Project is a business transformation project that will result in redesigned business processes and the implementation of a solution for human resources, finance and procurement.
We are a team filled with people who are passionate about business transformation and seek to deliver the best experience for the Government of New Brunswick. At ERP, we're committed to our work through collaborative approaches, having fun and most importantly to each other's success.
Our dynamic, progressive team of professionals' work in an environment in which you can learn, grow, create and support innovative strategies to help GNB deliver on its new transformational business objectives.
Who are you?
- You demonstrate initiative and are adaptable, analytical, results-oriented and organized in a mission critical, fast paced environment.
- You are open to new challenges and enjoy being part of a collaborative team working towards common goals.
- You are an effective communicator and collaborator.
- You are willing to jump in and help wherever needed
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Data Migration Lead - Data Team within the ERP Program, the Technical Lead is an important role.
Key responsibilities of this position are:
- Provide technical leadership to a group of SSIS developers, data conversion analysts, and business analysts as part of the Data Migration Team.
- Review current and previously solicited functional business requirements and system requirements and contribute to or develop new technical solutions and documentation required.
- Work with the Enterprise Data Strategist to ensure that the Data Migration architecture is being supported and leveraged to support the growing needs of ERP and data activities
- Ensure defined project strategies and methodologies are applied and allow for support and alignment of ERP business objectives, business solution and delivery with information technology;
- Working with business and implementors to ensure the analysis, documentation and development of business requirements meet business needs and supports functional operations;
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and improve processes and procedures to ensure optimum use of data strategies applied;
- Participating in the investigation and resolution of production problems in relation to data migration activities post go live;
- Assist the Enterprise Data Strategist with planning, identifying risks, issues and priorities.
- Ensure development, system maintenance and support activities adhere to policies, standards, processes and procedures
- Providing direction and technical expertise in all aspects of application development, maintenance and support
- Working with the appropriate teams within SNB to ensure that the technical architecture is being supported and leveraged
- Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines
- Providing technical conversion support, as required to Business Owners for user acceptance testing
- Conducting preventative maintenance, which includes changes to the applications that would improve system performance or application usability
- Maintaining a strong linkage and collaboration with the Enterprise Data Strategist, project managers and other key stakeholders such as Business Relationship Management, project teams and other SNB teams
- Assisting in the development, review and update of other deliverables, including but not limited to:
- T-SQL Code
- SSIS package design
- DevOps deployment strategy
- Unit Test Plans
- Data Migration Technical Specifications required for complex design
- Standard operating procedures / practices
- Training and Knowledge Transfer strategies
- Work plans
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS : The successful candidates must possess:
- A university degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with a minimum of five (5) years of recent progressive experience as a Technical Analyst involving analysis/documentation and the administration/ use of Information Technologies.
- 3 years of supervision/lead experience
- A community college diploma in a related Information Technology discipline with seven (7) years of recent progressive experience as a Technical Analyst involving analysis/documentation and the administration / use of Information Technologies.
- 3 years of supervision/lead experience
Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability. The ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholder groups is mandatory.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Résumé should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in data analysis and profiling
- Experience with data migration (E-T-L) design, development and implementation
- Experience with creating and maintaining SQL Server databases, tables, views, queries, procedures, functions, scheduled jobs and other database objects
- Experience in projects that are provincial (or broader) in nature which support the provincial vision and strategy
- Experience with DevOps for version control
- Experience Microsoft SQL Sever, SISS, SSRS and Visual Studio
- Systems Development and/or Maintenance Experience
- Technical Team Lead Experience
- Computer programming and familiarity with a variety of development environments, technologies, and methodologies
- Experience with the application development lifecycle
- Experience with Solution Delivery methodologies
- Experience with AGILE Development Methodologies
- Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to use office technology, software and applications
- Planning and Organizing Skills
What can GNB offer you?
- Meaningful work
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
- Career diversity within a single large employer
- Comprehensive benefits package (paid vacation plus health, dental, life and long-term disability plans) and pension.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment.
Salary: $2,354 to $3,289 bi-weekly
Applicants are to apply on-line www.ere.gnb.ca no later than February 10, 2023 indicating competition number: 10188. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 457-3592
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!