New Job Supervisor, Private Equity In Nova Scotia
|Supervisor, Private Equity|
Supervisor, Private Equity
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Supervisor, Private Equity
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 50 office locations worldwide. With more than $1.8 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients’ needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About the Team & Business Line:
Fund Administration is Citco’s core business, and our alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industry’s most respected. Our continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means our people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience.
As a core member of our Private Equity team, you will be working with some of the industry’s most accomplished professionals to deliver award-winning services for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon.
- You will process capital calls, distributions, and statements for the PE accounts
- Support monthly or quarterly net asset value preparation, which includes: Cash and Portfolio, Reconciliations preparation.
- Maintain the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- Prepare and review trial balances and work paper product
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- Interact with senior management and clients
- Have overall responsibility for client relationships and meetings
- Establish plan for new client setup and transitions
- Coordinate, manage, and monitor external audit process
- Place outbound phone calls to clients in response to written inquiries, or to obtain clarification on transaction processing requests
- Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- Coordinate with Operations group, Tax group, Investor Relations group, Financial Statement group, and other groups at Citco
- Review private equity fund clients partnership agreements, PPMs, and other materials
- Implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- Complete ad hoc reports as needed
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics (CPA designation a plus)
- 4+ years of fund accounting experience in either a Private Equity Fund, Private Equity Administrator, or other financial institution where the accountant has gained financial products knowledge
- Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
- Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Word; experienced user of the SunGard Investran PE accounting platform highly are desirable
Your well-being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.