New Job Supervisor, Housing Supply In Ontario
|Supervisor, Housing Supply
Supervisor, Housing Supply
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $94,424–$118,028 a year
Location : Ontario
Work mode: Hybrid * see below for more details about this work mode.
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton ON, plus travel to various housing sites within the Region of Peel
Hours of work: 35 Hours per week
Who we are: Housing Services leads service system planning and management of housing and homelessness programs and services with a view to policy and service integration. Helps improve these services through effective planning, based on local information and research about the needs of Peel’s many different communities. Housing Supply provides community housing providers and private landlords in Peel with the funding and supports needed to participate in the community housing system in Peel.
Reports to: Manager, Housing Supply
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, motivating, developing job objectives, disciplining, managing performance, assigning/delegating work and ensuring quality and service standards are met
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and service delivery standards through policy and program development, direct community involvement
- Supports the Region of Peel’s role in the integration of housing programs within the Human Services model including helping the manager to develop strategies to develop and integrate new housing stock resulting from changing legislation or Regional policy and funding into the Region’s Service System Management model
- Collaborates with the Technical Services Advisory team to co-ordinate and assess technical supports required for internal and external stakeholders
- Oversees financial analysis and compliance functions in the ongoing administration of housing supply programs
- Resolves complaints escalated from reporting staff and external stakeholders
- Develops relationships with all divisions in the department; participates in cross functional and corporate initiatives, projects and debriefs as a Housing Supply expert; liaises with municipalities, other governments and private agencies as necessary
- Develops recommendations for improvements to current Housing policy and business practices
- Contributes to service delivery requirements and departmental objectives as they align with the Corporate Strategic Plan, Peel Housing and Homelessness Plan including the Housing Master Plan, while meeting the needs of the Housing Supply Unit
- May act as a liaison with external agencies (e.g. ONPHA, CHF, HSC, OMSSA, SHSC, etc.) in coordinating the provision of services and development of partnerships in the housing sector
- Assists with the development of performance metrics and data tracking to inform business decisions and financial investments
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
What the role requires
Educational Background/ Must Haves/Bonafide Job Requirements:
- Post-secondary education (degree and/or diploma) in Human Services or related field (i.e. public administration) with at least five years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of leadership and/or supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of legislation that directs and supports the delivery of Human Services programs and services such as the Housing Services Act, the Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, the Residential Tenancies Act, the Co-oprative Corporations Act and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Knowledge of housing policies, and processes that directs and supports the delivery of housing programs in the Region of Peel
- Understanding of the overall system of housing as well as the roles and responsibilities of various players in the housing system in Ontario
- Knowledge of the financial and asset management concepts used in the administration of housing programs and is able to effectively communicate these concepts in plain language
- Highly developed collaboration skills in order to form relationships with community partners, agencies, parents, other levels of government, service providers and local dignitaries
- Strong decision making capabilities including sound judgement and critical thinking skills
- Financial knowledge necessary for budgetary reconciliation
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present to various audiences both internal and external to Peel
- Understanding of performance measurement principles sufficient to implement housing program measures
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Proficient knowledge of various systems used to support the delivery of Human Services programs and services such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and HRMS
- Short- and long-term planning skills and ability to develop and execute plans
Perks @ Peel and why you will love working for us:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision benefit plan
- Automatic enrolment into OMERS pension plan (where applicable)
- Accrue Vacation monthly
- 3 Paid personal days and floating holidays
- Flexible hours supporting your wellness and wellbeing
- Annual performance review and merit increases based on performance
- Supportive leadership and a culture of respect and inclusion
- Access to tuition reimbursement and learning and development resources
Work Mode: In this role you will have the ability to work remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at the
10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton ON worksite. The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g., masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.Additional Information:
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact [email protected].
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.