New Job Spiritual Life Coordinator/Assistant Program Director – 2023 Summer Ministry Team In Yukon
|Spiritual Life Coordinator/Assistant Program Director – 2023 Summer Ministry Team|
Spiritual Life Coordinator/Assistant Program Director – 2023 Summer Ministry Team
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $17.50 an hour
Location : Yukon
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
Mission Statement The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Core Values The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
Provide an impactful Bible program and care for the spiritual needs of campers.
This is a fixed term position at 40 hours per week. There is one position available.
Start Date: May 1, 2023
End Date: August 25, 2023
- Coordinate and lead Bible sessions for Adventure, Family (children), Teen and children at Leadership Enrichment camps.
- Organize any materials, handouts, etc. for the Bible Sessions.
- Develop staff volunteer support within the Bible program, such as worship or drama.
- Assist and provide support for the other times of Biblical instruction, namely cabin devotions and campfire.
- Ensure spirituality forms are completed for each camper
- Be available for conversations on spiritual matters with individuals in the camp as needed.
- Ensure that spiritual decisions are accurately and promptly recorded by cabin leaders.
- Ensure that spiritual decisions are communicated at the end of each week to summer program Administrative Assistant.
- Ensure that all materials needed are purchased for the summer.
- Assist program director when needed.
- Ensure living accommodations are kept clean and tidy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Previous experience an asset.
- Be flexible and have a good disposition.
- Work within the total camp program and cooperate with other staff members.
- Encourage spiritual growth.
- Perform any task beyond those assigned as required.
- Attend all staff devotions and meetings (unless excused by the DCYS’).
- Maintain a responsible level of maturity and leadership.
- Be familiar with Summer Staff Manual, and all procedures and resources.
- To be loyal to the aims, policies and regulations of the camp.
- All staff are required to be in their private quarters by 11:00 pm each night.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions as soon as you know your application is being considered- normally at the stage where you are being interviewed.