New Job Social Planner In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1512
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Fixed Term Duration: Approximately six (6) months
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 70 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Community and Protective Services, Culture and Social Development
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Salary Range: Competitive Salary
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 22/01/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
The Social Planner is responsible for investigating, analyzing, and responding to social needs and well-being of the residents of the Wood Buffalo region. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
Administration: Manages the administrative functions of the department to ensure maintenance of records, databases, documents, and departmental reports. Reviews budget and expenditure information for accuracy, processes charges, and tracks costs. Organizes activities for other related programs and special projects as required.
Departmental Support: Assists with research, social analysis, and development of department initiatives, plans, strategies, and programs. Analyzes department goals and objectives and ensures tasks are aligned and meeting service levels. Responds to enquiries, assists with service delivery, and maintains best practices.
Service Delivery: Participates in the Emergency Social Services response. Develops and maintains effective citizen involvement in social service planning and delivery. Designs and implements evaluation systems for internal and external city-funded programs and initiatives. Develops and reviews all relevant programs and implementation strategies and cumulative program impacts. Provides advice and feedback to promote effective planning and implementation processes of preventative social programs and initiatives.
Candidates need to show evidence of the following:
- Strong planning, organizational, problem-solving, influence, and community engagement skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with diverse populations of individuals and groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain an effective work relationship that is sensitive to individual differences and culture.
- Proven background and understanding of conducting research and social planning theories and models.
- Must demonstrate superior leadership, initiative, flexibility, and political sensitivity abilities
Degree or diploma in Social Sciences.
- Additional training in conducting social research, interviewing, survey design, and data analysis is considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Three (3) years with a (degree) or five (5) years with a (diploma) experience in a social planning role.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search for review and acceptance.
- A valid Class five (5) Operator’s Licence is preferred as incumbent may be required to operate a personal or municipal vehicle for business use.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible and accountable for knowing and working in accordance with the Health and Safety Directive. As per Section 2 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the incumbent shall ensure, while in the employ of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the health and safety of employees, contractors, and the public.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.