New Job Service Technician In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Applications will be received by Six Nations of the Grand River and Grand River Employment & Training (GREAT) up until 4:00 p.m. EST, Wednesday, January 25, 2023, for the Service Technician with Computer Services, Central Administration Department. The Six Nations of the Grand River Application for Employment Form, Job Posting and Job Description are available for printing from the www.greatsn.com website. Online applications accepted through https://www.vscyberhosting.com/sixnations/. NO LATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED.
Applicants from Six Nations and other First Nations will be given preference to deliver programs and services in a First Nations community.
JOB* SUMMARY: * The Service Technician reports to and works under the direction and supervision of the Manager of Computer Services.
The Service Technician provides technical support to clients experiencing computer hardware and software issues. They respond to queries, isolate problems, troubleshoot issues and implement solutions. The Service Technician will provide fast and effective support to our clients.
The role will provide and technical assistance to the Manager of Computer Services related to the implementation of the goals and objectives of the Six Nations Computer Services Department; while working within the policies and procedures established by Six Nations of the Grand River Elected Council.
January 25, 2023
Hours of Work
$50,000 per annum
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field, A Community College Diploma in Information Technology or a closely related field.
- 3+ years working as a Service Technician.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems, including circuit boards, memory modules, and processors.
- Knowledge of computer software systems, including databases, office applications and operating systems.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to conduct research on the Internet and in archives.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor in difficult situations.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and ability to work with tact and discretion.
- Knowledge of the Six Nations of the Grand River community and culture.
- Must submit a favourable Police Record Check
- Please visit: https://www.vscyberhosting.com/sixnations/ to access our job board and follow the directions to apply.
- Please ensure all required documents are provided/uploaded with your application package, which include:
- Cover letter including your band name and number (if applicable). Please indicate in your letter how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
- Recent resume clearly identifying that you meet the Basic Qualifications of this position as stipulated above.
- Copy of your education diploma/degree/certificate and transcript.
- If you have any questions or need assistance please reach out to Lesleigh Rusnak, Staffing Officer at 519-445-2223 ext 4343 or via email at [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time