New Job Senior Policy Analyst (Program Admin Officer 4) In Nova Scotia
|Senior Policy Analyst (Program Admin Officer 4)|
Senior Policy Analyst (Program Admin Officer 4)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $6,003–$7,051 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Health and Wellness
Type of Employment: Temporary
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 1/20/2023 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
The Department of Health and Wellness offers opportunities to grow and advance in a dynamic sector that touches the lives of all Nova Scotians. Along with our partners, including the Nova Scotia Health Authority and the IWK Health Centre, we’re committed to continually improving our health care system. With a focus on collaborative primary health care, continuing care, improved supports for mental health and addictions, digital health, capital infrastructure, and more, the department is thinking differently about how to plan, fund, legislate and monitor to improve access and service delivery. To do this, we’re recruiting leaders at all levels of the organization who embrace a challenge and believe in their ability to make a difference.
About Our Opportunity
Our Public Health branch leads and drives initiatives focused on creating an effective health risk system within Nova Scotia.
We’re hiring for a Senior Policy Analyst. This is a key position within the Health Promotion team, responsible for providing critical project leadership on a wide range of files including the province's Suicide Prevention and Risk Reduction Framework, substance use prevention, and other branch or departmental priorities as assigned.
As the Senior Policy Analyst, you will be responsible for strategic planning and policy development. Within a typical day you will also be responsible for:
- Supporting initiatives focused on the effectiveness of our health status and health system risk management strategy.
- Working across the continuum of health promotion, primary health care and acute care, inclusive of mental health and addictions, and continuing care.
- Seeing through evidence-based research, policy analysis and strategic planning.
- Developing and leveraging strategic partnerships to ensure a proactive approach to health promotion.
- Providing leadership, project management and liaison support to project teams and departmental committees.
Qualifications and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as Health Promotion, a health profession, Public Administration, etc.) as well as 6 years of progressive experience in the policy development process.
In addition to the above, this position will also require:
- A strong analytical mind who can also think conceptually and see the big picture.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and an ability to build strong and lasting relationships.
- A proven track record in policy development, research and synthesis of evidence in a policy context.
- Experience in networking, establishing partnerships, as well as the tact and diplomacy required to communicate effectively to any individual regardless of their level.
- A demonstrated understanding and respect of cultural differences including a commitment to recognizing diversity both between and within cultural groups.
- The ability to manage and prioritize concurrent tasks within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Equivalencies may include, but are not limited to:
- A completed masters degree and 4 years of related experience
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
This is temporary opportunity based in Halifax with an anticipated end date of June 30, 2023. The position type (temporary/casual) is dependent on the start date of the candidate.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- An engaged workplace where we foster respect and recognition.
- Forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: PR 17
Salary Range: $3,001.65 - $3,525.41 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].