New Job Section Manager In Manitoba
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $84,981–$108,459 a year
Location : Manitoba
BL4 Biologist 4
Department of Natural Resources and Northern Development
Wildlife, Resource Management and Protection
The Pas MB, Thompson MB, Gimli MB, Lac du Bonnet MB, Brandon MB, Winnipeg MB
Advertisement Number: 40240
Salary(s): BL4 $84,981.00 - $108,459.00 per year
Closing Date: February 6, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
12 month eligibility list to be established
*The work location for this position is flexible. The successful candidate has the ability to choose one of the following work headquarters: Winnipeg, Brandon, Lac du Bonnet, Gimli, Thompson or The Pas, MB.*
The Wildlife Branch of Natural Resources and Northern Development is currently recruiting to fill the position of Section Manager.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be physically able to undertake the duties of the position, including conducting field work in rough terrain and on water, during all seasons and under adverse weather conditions
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and overtime as required
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver's licence (or equivalent)
- Degree in natural resources management, environmental management, or biological sciences, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience carrying out engagement and consultation with resource users, Indigenous communities, non-government organizations and industries
- Strong supervisory experience including experience with performance management, progressive discipline etc.
- Experience with the development and management of a budget
- Knowledge of wildlife, ecosystem management and shared management, including knowledge of acts and regulations pertaining to wildlife management in Manitoba
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to prepare project proposals, management plans, correspondence and reports
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information and give presentations to a wide variety of audiences including the public, department executive, staff and other government departments and industry
- Superior organization skills with the ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
The Section Manager is senior management position reporting to the Director of Wildlife Branch. The incumbent is a member of the Branch Senior Management Team and participates in planning, delivering and evaluating policies, procedures, and programs related to wildlife management. The position has direct responsibility to manage Regional Wildlife staff and programs and to coordinate engagement with Indigenous communities, industry and the public on wildlife matters. The incumbent will foster cross-branch coordination between regional wildlife and head office staff.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.