New Job Research Advisor In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Do you have a passion for research and public engagement?
The City of Edmonton is looking for an experienced and innovative Research Advisor to join the Corporate Research team. Working with Senior Research Advisors, the Manager of Corporate Research, and other colleagues in the Research, Engagement and Communications branch, you will provide support for research projects across the corporation. This support is provided through research planning, questionnaire design, programming online surveys and message boards, conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, data cleaning/ coding and reporting on data and creating presentations.
Your role will be critical for the effective functioning of our municipal government by gathering input from Edmontonians that inform decision-making by city officials and elected representatives.
Reporting to the Manager of Community Research, and with a focus on the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, you will:
- Support the design of research plans, schedule research projects, design questionnaires and online surveys, analyze and report research results in addition to completing secondary research, as required
- Assemble, analyze,clean and/ or de-identify quantitative and qualitative data for creating reports, surveys, research and policy briefs and presentations in support of the research portfolio; provide statistical analysis and/ or thematic coding and analysis when required
- Ensure research unit is aligning with the City of Edmonton’s public engagement strategies, policies and goals
- Review internal and external factors that could affect research planning and ensure research plans are following the appropriate policies and procedures
- Liaise with external stakeholders within the professional research community; including business community, promotion agencies, industrial associations and other agencies in the public engagement field
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across the corporation and with the public; carry out responsibilities with respect and inclusiveness
- Work closely with research vendors to undertake research studies as required
- Perform other related duties as required
- Completion of a University degree in Business/Commerce, Social Sciences, Statistics or a closely related field with coursework in marketing, research, public opinion or related areas of focus
- CAIP designation is considered an asset
- 2 years experience in marketing research and/or public opinion research (including the design and implementation of research projects ), marketing concepts, market research expertise, market penetration, online engagement, online panel management and research design to reach diverse populations
- Demonstrated research expertise in research design, quota sampling, statistical analysis and data management skills
- Excellent research, analytical and conceptual skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Adept at written communication, including report writing, creating presentations, and a demonstrated ability to write in plain language
- Well-developed computer skills (G-suite, SPSS, Sparq, Microsoft office) are required
- Effective verbal communication skills Demonstrate service excellence, embracing diversity and promoting inclusiveness
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Applicants may be tested
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected]
COVID-19 Notice: The City of Edmonton has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
For more information, please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (bit.ly/3lKwb6j) and COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure (bit.ly/39BICMt).
Up to 2 permanent full time position
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
The weekly hours of work for this position are currently under review and may change at a future time. Any changes will be made in accordance with the City of Edmonton/Civic Service Union 52 collective agreement and the incumbent will be notified in advance.
Salary: $36.577 - $45.697 (Hourly); $76,372.780 - $95,415.340 (Annually)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: RD/SK