|Project Manager (Engineer 2-3 or Architect 1-2)|
Project Manager (Engineer 2-3 or Architect 1-2)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $4,840–$6,625 a month
Location : New Brunswick
Who we are?
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Social Development's objective is to expand the province's public housing units by 10%. The Housing & Homelessness branch currently provides and maintains over 3800 hundred housing units across New Brunswick. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the construction of the new Public Housing units around the province and will work closely with departmental consultants and other provincial stakeholders to deliver additional housing units for New Brunswickers.
What you will do?
As a member of the Housing & Homelessness Branch, you will be responsible for the project management and technical direction across a diverse range of capital building projects throughout the Province. Specific duties include:
- development and control of project budgets and schedules,
- preparation and review of plans and specifications,
- contract preparation,
- engagement and directing private consultants and contractors for cost effective and timely solutions,
- supervision and control of projects through planning, design, tendering and contract award,
- liaison and collaboration with all levels of government.
The position requires a high level of responsibility with an ability to work independently. You will be required to develop and maintain strong, positive and professional working relationships, be self-motivated, able to effectively participate in a team environment and possess strong communication skills with a focus on achieving results.
- Office location: 551 King Street, Fredericton
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:15-4:30
- Some extended work hours will be required
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
- Some travel within the Province will be required.
Who you are?
Key behavioural competencies
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Relationship/Network Building
- Results Orientation
- Project Management
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
Engineer 3: University degree in Engineering with a minimum of eight (8) years of related experience in building design and construction projects.
Engineer 2: University degree in Engineering with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience in building design and construction projects.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers of Geoscientists of New Brunswick
- Degree from an accredited University School of Architecture
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in the building design and construction industry
- Registered Member of the Architects Association of New Brunswick.
- Work at this level requires competence as normally gained through an Architectural degree from an accredited University
- Some level of experience in the building design and construction industry
- Eligible for registration as an Intern Member of the Architects' Association of New Brunswick.
All candidates require:
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid class 5 driver's license as issued by the Province of New Brunswick
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
- Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that your preferred language of assessment is identified in your résumé.
Preference may be given to candidates that have:
- a working knowledge of the Crown Construction Contracts Act;
- project management experience in building improvement projects;
- project management experience on a variety of diverse multi-disciplinary projects for various government client departments throughout the province;
- experience with Project Management software
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The Department of Social Development offers:
- Meaningful work and the opportunity to support New Brunswickers in times of need.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
SALARY (based on a 36.25-hour work week):
Engineer 3 or Architect 2: $2,419.96 to $3,312.27 bi-weekly
Engineer 2: $2,264.78 to $3,025.91 bi-weekly
Architect 1: $2,173.22 to $2,766.74 bi-weekly
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply?
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to [email protected] or by mail at the following address by January 22, 2023 indicating competition number R76-2022-23-863.
Human Resource Services
4th floor, 551 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 1E7
Telephone: (506) 462-5096
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Strong Partnerships for Better Lives