Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
(Temporary for 18 months)
An opportunity exists to join the Town of Slave in a full-time temporary position for 18 months. Reporting to the Manager of Community Relations, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the planning and coordination of programs, special events and marketing initiatives for the community of Slave Lake.
EMPLOYEES THAT REPORT DIRECTLY TO THIS POSITION:
Seasonal Day Camp Roles, Casual Activity Leaders
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, coordinates, and implements a variety of registered and drop-in programs, and community events
- Assist with consultations, coordination, and identification with community organizations, agencies and Town departments opportunities that strengthen the community.
- Work independently or with a committee to plan community events through booking facilities, securing vendors, coordinating with other departments, and maintaining budgets, advertising Plans, coordinates, manages and directs a combination of major phases of the District’s services and operations.
- Prepares promotional materials and correspondence to participants; may hire and train support staff, volunteers and/or student employees.
- Assist with the completion of all grant proposals and ensures that all accountability requirements are met
- Seeks to inform and motivate the community to participate in Community events and programs through the planning and implementation of marketing strategies
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Business or Recreation Administration diploma or an equivalent combination of educations and /or experience.
- 2 years’ experience in programming and event coordinating.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Valid class 5 Alberta driver’s license
- Knowledge of preparing contracts, grants, funding proposals and reports
- Computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and other graphic programs.
- Knowledge of recreation and community development principles
- Superior Communication Skills both written and oral.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations and boards.
Note: The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities and activities required for this position but gives a general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasional light lifting.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Extensive use of computer and telephone.
- Good lighting, temperature, and noise control.
- Potential to be working alone
- Working outside for events throughout the year
- Normal working day consists of a maximum of 7.5 hours; however, occasional extended hours may be required.
- A cover letter clearly indicating the position title, accompanied by an up-to-date resume is required.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo a skills and personality assessment test.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide professional references and an acceptable criminal record check.
The Town of Slave Lake has an attractive compensation plan and generous benefits package.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and resume ( ensuring to include the job title in your email subject heading ) to:
Human Resources, Town of Slave Lake
10 Main Street S.W. P.O. Box 1030, Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
E-mail: [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until January 23 rd 2023 at 4:00PM MST.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, because of the volume of applications, we will contact only those under consideration. We will review all applications carefully to determine which candidates' qualifications and experience closely match our requirements.