New Job Program Assistant (Kitchener Market) Pt In Ontario
|Program Assistant (Kitchener Market) PT|
Program Assistant (Kitchener Market) PT
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
P rogram Assistant (Kitchener Market) PT
January 11, 2023
January 18, 2023 (at 6:00pm)
The City of Kitchener is a vibrant and dynamic city of approximately 240,000, in the heart of southwestern Ontario. As the largest municipality in Waterloo Region, Kitchener continues to be poised for development and growth, enhancing its reputation as a leader in city-building and innovation, with nationally recognized strategies to build its neighbourhoods, its digital infrastructure and its diverse economy.
The City of Kitchener is WHERE you want to work! Learn more about the top reasons to join us:
Why work at the City of Kitchener
Provides frontline customer service pertaining to all Kitchener Market related activities: and provides administrative and financial support to the Kitchener Market on a daily basis from an operating perspective as well as for event and trade show requirements.
Administration and Customer Service:
- Provides administrative support to the Kitchener Market, including front counter and phone reception, staffing needs, correspondence, meeting and information session coordination, filing and minute taking. Performs mail sorting and distribution and mail outs.
- Administers Kitchener Market email account; performs appropriate action and follow-up, escalating inquiries when appropriate.
- Front line for customer service inquiries and dealing with patron complaints, problem solving, liaise with all market vendors and members of the public.
- Typing and general office duties, open, sort and distribute mail, manage files, office inventory, maintain and order supplies.
- Update seasonal and full-time vendor packages for distribution.
- Prepares daily cash reconciliations, bank deposits, petty cash; organizes money for coin order operations; processes invoices and cheque requisitions using SAP
- Receives and reconciles payments collected each week for rent
- Prepares time sheets and enters into People Soft payroll system.
- Uses Activenet system to generate vendor contracts.
- Manages reports for Activenet booking system.
- Updates and amends vendor and entertainer contracts administratively and financially for seasonal and full-time vendors and clients.
- Monitors and tracks operating budget with the market manager on a regular basis through SAP.
Programming, Marketing & Communication:
- Promotes the Kitchener Market programs and offerings with partners, the public and vendors to encourage increased awareness, including by creating and sharing social media content.
- Represents the Kitchener Market and City of Kitchener at various events and trade shows and provides information to the general public about what we offer.
- Liaises with customers, contractors, vendors and partners by forwarding information, etc.
- Supports Programming and Marketing Coordinator in the development of seasonal programming, with a focus on food and festival programming
- Assists with special event logistics at the market and coordinates table set up artisan events and supports the Market Event Coordinator.
- Reviews, recommends, and performs updates and revisions to the website.
- Reviews, recommends and performs updates and revisions to on-site physical marketing assets
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have a Grade 12 diploma, plus up to 1 year of additional job-related course.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience including experience in a market setting, hospitality, retail or tourism (customer service focus).
- Must have highly developed skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have a high level of accuracy and well-developed keyboard skills to input data.
- Must have demonstrated organizational, administrative and job planning skills enabling successful balancing of a variety of tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, using courtesy and tact, in order to answer or redirect inquiries from the general public and internal staff.
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving and mathematic skills with attention to detail.
- Must have proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates possessing a background in farmer's markets, vendor relationships and experience with the management of programming spaces and floor plan assignments.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of health and safety regulations; food safety regulations; AGCO and licensing requirements within an event setting. Supports program coordinator in identifying risks and breaches to these regulations within an event setting.
- Further preference will be given to candidates possessing general knowledge of Activenet, SAP, PeopleSoft and Deposit Slip System.
- Must be able to work evenings and early Saturday mornings.
- Must be able to work an 8 hour shift including significant periods on feet and walking around site.
- Physical ability to perform duties requiring lifting and moving of equipment, shoveling, cleaning etc. Hours may vary with advance notice due to programming needs.
- Candidates may be tested on the Microsoft Office Suite of programs as part of the screening process.
The City of Kitchener is committed to an equity-driven, inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and to ensuring our workforce reflects the full diversity of the community we serve. We welcome applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ persons, as well as other equity deserving groups.
We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected], or 519-741-2200 ext. 7261 to make your needs known, so that we can support your full and equal participation throughout the hiring process.
Please note that as per Human Resources Policy HUM-HIR-110, "Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials":
"The immediate relatives of staff of the Human Resources Division, all Directors, General Managers, or the Chief Administrative Officer and Elected Officials shall not be employed by the City in any capacity.
The immediate relatives of all other Management personnel shall not be employed where such employment would be:
1. within the same Department in the case of permanent full-time, temporary full-time and part-time classifications.
2. within the same Division in the case of students."
Number of Positions
Hours of Work
Up to 24 hours per week
$25.306 - $31.634 per hour