New Job Primary Care Assistant In Manitoba
|Primary Care Assistant|
Primary Care Assistant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 329020
Position Number: 20047410
Posting End Date: January 17, 2023
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Department / Unit: SO Primary Care Clinic KMC
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $20.361, $20.828, $21.354, $21.907, $22.551, $23.124
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Reporting to the Primary Care Manager, this role functions as a key member of the Primary Health Care Team and is responsible to manage client’s overall clinical visit. The incumbent performs a variety of Administrative and Team functions and acts as the client’s key point of contact with their Team. This role focuses on developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, Team members, and other professionals through direct participation in client care activities. This role is the face of a customer service system and ensures clients consistently receive responsiveness, caring, and concern. Empathy, compassion and quality are at the core of the primary care clinic’s customer service system. The Primary Care Assistant must possess excellent customer service skills to assure all clients, that they are the Team’s only priority during their visit. This role requires an understanding of advanced access principles and concepts to support access and patient flow within an inter-professional environment.
This position will be responsible for arranging, managing and maintaining appointments, schedules and client (records), and site organization and environmental control. The incumbent must contribute to a respectful, safe and culturally appropriate work environment, and participate in workload sharing within their Team and the overall clinic as needed.
- A minimum of two years related healthcare experience required.
- Experience in email and computerized calendars required.
- Working knowledge of electronic medical records preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining medical records and filing systems, compiling statistics and processing personal health information.
- Switchboard/receptionist experience.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a Unit Clerk Course and/or a Medical Office Assistant Course required.
- Basic Life Support recognized by the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (i.e., CPR Anytime Family and Friends) provide certificate if it is made available.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Qualifications and Skills
- Keyboarding Speed of 40 wpm required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Cultural Safety preferred.
- Mental Health First Aid preferred.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work as a team member and form respectful relationships with team members, other professionals, clients and the community.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- Knowledge of other languages especially indigenous languages considered an asset.
- Respectful of diversity and values diverse perspectives and ideas.
- Ability to apply critical thinking for favorable client results.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability through embracing and applying new practices to accomplish goals and solve problems.
- Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of Service Excellence, Customer Service and Cultural Safety.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage private and confidential information.
- Ability to plan and organize a heavy workload, under pressure, to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and take initiative through action that favorably influences events.
- Must be able to do moderate lifting and a moderate amount of walking.
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-moving environment with frequent interruptions.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.