New Job Practitioner Enquiries Officer In New Brunswick
|PRACTITIONER ENQUIRIES OFFICER|
PRACTITIONER ENQUIRIES OFFICER
Company : Department of Health
Salary : $4,006–$4,864 a month
Location : New Brunswick
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
PRACTITIONER ENQUIRIES OFFICER (ASL 5)
The Department of Health has an opening for a Practitioner Enquiries Officer within the Medicare and Physician Services Branch in Fredericton.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organizing, planning and conducting certain aspects of investigations; which may include identifying, researching and analyzing any assessment or payment irregularities;
- Adjustments related to WorkSafe New Brunswick claims;
- Assessing to determine correct and accurate payment for all oral and written enquiries from Dental/OMS (Oral Maillofacial Surgeons) and Practitioners which may include but is not restricted to communication with Practitioner Offices, Medical Consultants, and the New Brunswick Medical Society;
- Documenting system/business requirements, medical practices/trends, maintaining files/records and tables with respect to the Schedule of fees, and
- Interpreting Acts, Regulations and policies.
All tasks must be performed with a high degree of accuracy.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED supplemented by the successful completion of a one year post-secondary diploma, in a related field, which includes Medical Terminology. A minimum of six (6) years' experience that includes one (1) year working in a health related environment. Knowledge of MS Office and Excel is also required. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability on your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate one or more of the following asset qualifications:
- Experience in claim assessment;
- Experience in interpreting, Acts, Regulations and Policies;
- Experience in dealing with confidential information, and familiarity with Personal Health Information Privacy and Access Act.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Information Seeking;
- Results Orientation;
- Client Service Orientation.
TECHNICAL COMPTENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications;
- Planning and Organizational Skills;
- Written Communication.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $2,003 to $2,432 Bi-Weekly
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y or by mail at the following address indicating competition number 35-22-0082. This competition will be open until a suitable candidate is found or the competition is closed. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Health
4th floor, 520 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G8
Telephone: (506) 453-4331
E-Mail: [email protected]
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!