New Job Office Support Clerk Iii In British Columbia
|Office Support Clerk III|
Office Support Clerk III
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $26.87–$31.56 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 37801
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Timekeeping & Scheduling Clerk performs the time entry for hours worked by auxiliary CUPE 15 in the areas of Front of House, Concession Sales and Stage Door Security and IATSE staff. The position enters hours into the SAP system, makes adjustments and corrections from previous pay period(s) and monitors staff increments for approval. The position processes new employees in the system, organizes new employee hire forms and enters and maintains status information and changes. This position also maintains an inventory of uniforms for staff.
This position also serves as back up for the Scheduling Clerk who schedules auxiliary staff for the Vancouver Civic Theatres (VCT) who carry out a variety of roles and shifts following established guidelines and processes. The position works as part of a small team and is the primary contact for time keeping related matters. The incumbent must exercise judgement and use independent decision making on a day to day basis.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
Currently reporting to the Manager, Audience Services, the position works as part of an administration team. Other key contacts include Events Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Security Operations Manager, VCT staff and other departments within the City such as Payroll and Human Resources.
- Enters in hours worked according to time sheets for a large number of staff in order to ensure pay is accurate and properly approved; makes corrections and adjustments to pay as needed.
- Compiles, reconciles and analyzes monthly time entry reports and flags irregularities to their Supervisor.
- Acts as back up for other Scheduling Clerk and may be required to schedule a large number of auxiliary employees for a variety of roles across venues. Scheduling employees must follow established processes and be in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
- Maintains records with availability, orientation and other employee information for staff.
- Collaborates with their Supervisor and with other departments to determine appropriate staffing levels for events.
- Collaborates with their Supervisor to determine cross training and additional staffing requirements.
- Participates in hiring process as required; assisting with shortlisting potential candidates, carrying out reference checks, validating availability and related requirements and certifications.
- Makes adjustments to staffing by adding or cancelling shifts as necessary and tracks accordingly.
- Adds new staff to appropriate records and revises current staff information as required.
- Maintains various records, calendars, organizes and books meetings
- Liaises with Payroll and HR for collective agreement interpretation or finance related questions.
- Creates and maintains tracking records, files, forms and schedules using a variety of computer software and databases.
- Provides administrative support by answering calls, screening calls, processing confidential information and preparing routine correspondence.
- Keeps an inventory of uniforms for staff and coordinate all uniform related tasks.
Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Completion of minimum Grade 12 including or supplemented by courses in related field
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience in Time Entry and Payroll or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of scheduling processes
- Knowledge of relevant time entry processes and programs required
- Knowledge of Ungerboeck/EBMS or other booking software required
- Understanding of and ability to implement Collective Agreements (CUPE and IATSE) interpretation to payroll
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of software programs such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Strong knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of EBMS.
- Understanding of collective agreement language and requirements related to scheduling and timekeeping.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and math.
- Ability to understand and interpret oral and written instructions and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of the CoV, VCT and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, particularly answering questions about schedules and pay.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Non-Standard work hours. Evenings and Weekend work
The City’s COVID-19 vaccination policy is currently suspended and as a result, vaccination against COVID-19 is not required at this time. However, should circumstances change and the City deem it necessary to re-introduce such policy, you may be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be eligible to continue performing your duties.
Business Unit/Department: Arts, Culture and Community Services (1200)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: February, 2023
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $26.87 to $31.56 per hour
Application Close: February 5, 2023
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, 2SLGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.