New Job Mechanical Project Engineer In Manitoba
|Mechanical Project Engineer
Mechanical Project Engineer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $76,730–$97,478 a year
Location : Manitoba
Mechanical Project Engineer
EG3 Engineer 3
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Technical Services Branch, Capital Projects Planning & Delivery
Advertisement Number: 39213
Salary(s): EG3 $76,730.00 - $97,478.00 per year
Closing Date: February 20, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
Capital Projects Planning and Delivery (CPPD) is a division within the Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services. CPPD’s core business area responsibilities include:
- Capital planning, technical services support, and the delivery of capital projects for core government departments (excluding the Department of Transportation & Infrastructure, and the Department of Health);
- Central coordination, negotiation, and implementation of federal-provincial cost-shared capital infrastructure programs and projects;
- Facilitation of innovative alternative delivery models and solutions to make atypical, strategic and complex projects possible, such as P3 methodologies, for large infrastructure projects and coordinate strategic initiatives related to capital development.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Bachelor of Engineering degree and registered as a Professional Engineer (P.ENG) with Engineers and Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM) or an equivalent combination of education, qualifications and related experience recognized by the Engineers Geoscientist Manitoba.
- Must provide and maintain a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver's Licence and the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba by ground and air, which may require overnight stays.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for use on the job.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment, including respirator.
- Must be physically capable of performing the required duties of this position, such as working at heights, medium/heavy lifting, climbing ladder/stairs, walking, crouching and kneeling, wearing all required personal protective equipment, and be able to work in a restricted and/or confined space.
- Experience in mechanical engineering design of mechanical systems associated with vertical building construction.
- Experience undertaking technical reviews and facility assessments with an understanding of mechanical engineering principles and concepts of the program area (eg. Inspection, investigation, design).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills with experience planning, design, tendering, construction, and contract administration of mechanical projects related to building systems
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, engineering standards and regulations.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to prepare comprehensive reports with analysis that include conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, maintaining initiative and drive.
- Software experience using AUTOCAD and other appropriate software tools and technology to complete projects
Reporting to the Senior Design Mechanical Engineer, the incumbent performs engineering activities from planning through preliminary design, detailed design and construction, provides specialized engineering advice & technical guidance, completes mechanical design of major and minor vertical capital projects, and is responsible for contract administration and engineering activities of major and minor projects.
The incumbent will:
- provide in-house mechanical engineering design services, contract administration and construction support for singular mechanical engineering projects or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Manage assigned project budgets and expenditures appropriately, meeting the deliverables of the project within delegated financial signing authority.
- Develop alternative designs for the more complex or specialized projects.
- Provide technical support and advice to ensure compliance of alternative designs, temporary solutions, variances, and other technical documentation to administered acts and regulations of the branch.
- Undertake internal investigations to resolve technical issues.
- Manage contracts with Engineering Service Providers including the preparation of request for proposals and the development of project terms of reference.
- Assist in the development and/or modification of design standards and practices and provides technical support/advice during the regulatory development process.
- Develop options to resolve issues and makes recommendations to support decision making.
- Participate in the development and/or delivery of training programs.
- Participate in and represents the branch on committees, meetings and conferences both within and outside the department.
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures, technical guidelines, and bulletins.
- Present and defends engineering work to others, including supervisors and a variety of target audiences, as necessary.
- Affix engineering seal to own work and work prepared by non-engineering staff as required.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.