New Job Master Instructor - Preschool In Ontario
|Master Instructor - Preschool|
Master Instructor - Preschool
Company : Town of Oakville
Salary : $31.40 an hour
Location : Ontario
Part-Time (Non-Union T)
Open to current Town of Oakville employees and external applicants
Applications for this position must be received at oakville.ca by no later than 11:59 pm on June 30, 2023.
This posting is for current and future opportunities and will be filled on an as needed basis. Applications will be considered for any openings that become available between now and June 30, 2023.
Program offerings and capacities may be reduced due the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 and implementation of necessary restrictions. Job specific duties may also be modified to comply with health and safety protocols.
The Preschool instructor will coordinate and deliver a comprehensive and age appropriate recreational play program to meet the needs of all preschool aged participants registered in the program and act as a knowledgeable resource to the program participants and their families. The successful candidate will also ensure that the program is conducted in a safe environment that encourages participation and personal development.
- Delivering a program of daily activities that are safe, creative, age-appropriate and inclusive of all program participants
- Program planning: prepare weekly activity plans for approval and distribution to program participants
- Staff support: work with staff in a program to create and deliver an optimal program for preschool participants
- Ensuring the continued safety of all participants in the program
- Reacting to emergency situations and behaviour management issues in accordance to department approved procedures.
- Administrative duties: attendance tracking registration updates, medical cards, and incident reports as required.
- Customer service: updating parents/guardian, support to new parents, need to be available for other programs and services.
- Attending mandatory staff training
- Other duties as assigned.
- ECE diploma
- Additional courses in recreation, sport, other related training an asset
- 2-4 years of experience in a Leadership capacity in a daycare or recreation setting
- 1-2 years of experience in a volunteer Preschool, Education or Recreational Setting
- Emergency First Aid and Infant, Child and Adult CPR/AED
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including written and verbal
- Experience in the development and implementation of age appropriate activities
- Demonstrated child management skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for working with preschool-aged children
- Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, with vulnerable sector screening, dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
For more information about the specific programs that are available to instruct please click this link