New Job Manager, Tenant Construction In British Columbia
|Manager, Tenant Construction|
Manager, Tenant Construction
Company : QuadReal Property Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
About QuadReal Property Group
QuadReal Property Group is a global real estate investment, operating and development company headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. Its assets under management total $67.1 billion. From its foundation in Canada as a full-service real estate operating company, QuadReal has expanded its capabilities to invest in equity and debt in both the public and private markets. QuadReal invests directly, via programmatic partnerships and through operating companies in which it holds an ownership interest.
QuadReal seeks to deliver strong investment returns while creating sustainable environments that bring value to the people and communities it serves. Now and for generations to come.
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
Based in Vancouver-BC, with significant presence on the site, and reporting to Senior Director Tenant Coordination (with a dotted line working relationship with Project Area Development Lead), this role will be an integral part of the QuadReal tenant coordination team and forms a crucial role within a project-focused group having responsibility for successful delivery of the new retail mall. Working within a joint venture ownership team, and along with third party consultants, owner’s representative/project manager, and general contractors, the candidate will have primary responsibility for liaising with the design & construction team of our highly valued Tenants, and as the Landlord’s representative monitor & ensure timely progress and completion of Tenant’s Fitout works, aligned with Ownership’s new mall opening timeline and associated requirements.
This role supports the Director (Sr. Lead) and Sr. Manager, Tenant Coordination with respect to the Retail Tenant design, permit deliverables leading up to Handover and thereafter, the oversight and daily site coordination for the work within Tenant’s premises. This person will monitor the Tenant’s CRU fit-out and provide coordination for all site-related scope. This person will also coordinate the work of each CRU with work around other CRUs and base building construction, as well as coordination of daily deliveries, clean up and garbage removal. This position reports to the Director (Senior Lead), Tenant Coordination.
- Work closely and collaborate with Tenant design team with base building consultants to ensure drawing deliverables are on track for Landlord review, permit submission and timely issuance of building permits in relation to Handover dates
- Assist in preparation of project documentation, establish, and define deliverables to prepare Tenant’s for drawing submissions and maintaining overall schedule
- Maintain overall understanding of Landlord approved drawings including Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical and as Tenant scope impacts base building
- Able to identify potential design and construction problems with team and aid in arriving at common solutions to repetitive/complex design and construction issues
- Work closely with Tenant’s design team and contractor throughout various stages of the project from drawing approval through construction completion, Tenant occupancy, deficiencies, and close outs.
- Attend all OAC meetings of base building general contractor, all internal construction/schedule related meetings as it pertains to retail. Report back to TC Sr. Manager with schedule updates, areas of risk and ongoing issues.
- Review base building construction progress within each CRU, cross reference with Tenant Schedule C, TOD, and base building drawings to ensure accuracy of base building work.
- Host pre-handover meetings with base building consultants, base building general contractor and TC Sr. Manager. Site walk through to review Schedule C handover matrix to check off completed items, create deficiency list on outstanding items and put together schedule with base building general contractor for completion of punch list
- Collect all preconstruction documentation such as WCB/Insurance/security deposits/Construction Schedules, trades list, BP.
- Review with Tenant representative/GC the Landlord Work Acceptance Form, walk through premises to identify completion of each line item based on Schedule C, collect signatures from Tenant GC as acceptance/sign off on Landlord Work completion
- Coordinate base building trades access into Tenant Premises for base building commissioning and occupancy testing, with most advance notice and least disruption to Tenant’s schedule
- Review and cross reference Tenant’s approved drawings with site construction. Ensure GC’s are building to approved plans, any changes or modifications to be coordinated and seek approval from TC manager
- Hold weekly meetings with Tenant Contractors and TC manager to review tenant schedules and project milestones. Create, maintain, and communicate status report trackers to provide general update to TC manager and internal stakeholders
Skills Required to succeed in this role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- The ability to take direction from multiple people simultaneously, to multi-task, organize and prioritize in a high-pressure working environment.
- Ability to influence reason and develop strong relationship skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexibility with hours and ability to travel when required.
- Possess University Degree/College Diploma/Certificate in related fields of either Architecture/Design/Construction/Project Management
- Have general knowledge of commercial design and basic code requirements, building systems, Retail design and Construction, and or Commercial Construction Project Management experience combined with lease documentation experience
- Skilled at understanding and reviewing architectural and engineering drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Bluebeam
- AutoCAD/Revit and Procore would be an asset
QuadReal has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in our offices or sites. Accordingly, a successful candidate offered employment at QuadReal will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to commencing employment, subject exemptions permitted under applicable employment and human rights legislation.
Want to learn about our end-to-end recruitment process? Click this link for a short video that will take you through each step, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.